Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Interior Dash Lights

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lampoon 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a question, If I turn off my Auto headlights and switch it to the manual headlight position, shouldnt the interior dash lights come on during the day(like when its raining). I know the headlights and taillights come on, but the interior lights dont come on unless it gets dark.
Thanks.

#3 ·
yea, i don't care much for that feature either. i almost always turn my day-time driving lights off too, just to save wear and tear on the lamps. that too is a pain in the posterior. is there a 'permanant' way to turn off the day-time runnig lights?
anyone, anyone????????

#6 ·
e2helper said:
Geez, can't get too much easier with just a simple flip of the wrist on the headlamp switch. ;)

Regarding your question, I can't give you answer but I am sure someone will figure it out :D
WELL......yea, but you have to do it EVERY TIME YOU START YOUR CAR!!! i was hoping that there would be a way to turn them off PERMANANTLY. whenever i start the car, i twist the headlight knob 'down' to turn them off and then hit the 'info' button on the message center to make the reminder go away.
when i start the car the next time, they're on again, so i have to repeat this each and every time. i just want them to go off, PERIOD!

sorry if i seem upset, its like the only feature that really bugs me, that and the dash lights not coming on when i actually TURN ON the headlights.

guess i'll have to live with it or buy me a 300C......

#8 ·
cnagy65 said:
Hi all, I have a question, If I turn off my Auto headlights and switch it to the manual headlight position, shouldnt the interior dash lights come on during the day(like when its raining). I know the headlights and taillights come on, but the interior lights dont come on unless it gets dark.
Thanks.
I thought so too, but they don't. The instument lights are dependent on the light sensor. Throw something over the sensor and the lights will work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.