Dr. Side Creaking "Body Flex"? - Page 2 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip, I will check the fuel lines. I did find the rear seat shoulder belt teather bungee cord thing tucked between the corner side of the rear seat and the interior moulding. never would have known it had them until I felt around between the seat and the side of the car and pulled it out, and attatched it to seatbelt... I retrived the passenger side one too.. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

I think I finally found the source of the creaking, it is the huge tin protection plate that covers the entire bottom of the plastic fuel tank. I pressed up on the front left corner of it and I heard the creak. Either it is rubbing the tank or the straps are creaking.That makes sense since the noise is under the drivers side of the rear seat. I called Dealer and made an appt. to have it checked and the Service Manager told me they are gathering info from a new service bulletin regarding a noise from the left side of G6's. and to call back Tuesday so he can let me know what that entails. May have to do with a suspension thing and not related to my huge tin gas tank sheild. It goes in next Friday. Thanks and I will keep you posted.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

I took the G6 to the dealer, I drove with the Service Mgr and the creaking was there with the 2 doors open, we went back and they tightened every bolt in sight, they placed foam tape between the tank sheild and the tank, after about 45 minutes of waiting while they did this, He comes into the lounge and tells me that everything they did.......""did not do a thing"" for the creaking,it is still there... They want me to swap out cars with them this week so they can get into that "B" pillar and see what is making this annoying noise. At least I have someone on my side, as opposed to just being turned away, or getting the wonderful "Complaint not found" and sent on my way. So I am satisfied with the progress..... anyway,.,Wooo Hooo I get a Chevrolet Cobalt to drive for a few days!! How exciting....well, not really... I'll keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 05:00 PM

Hi all, sorry to hear about the creaking...I did though notice another issue with the trunk on my 2005 G6GT. The bumper cover and the Trunk are soo close that the trunk is actually rubbing on the bumper cover and has scratched the whole thing. Small little scratches but I couldn't figure out for the longest time what the hell was causing it. Looks like there is enough room...but now that you all mention the Extra Special "Body Flex" that GM decided to build into the G6's...that might be why.

Good Luck!
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

I dropped off the G6 today,Monday 21 Nov. so it is there for a few days. Weird going from a G6 GT with the shiny chrome rims to an '06 Cobalt with crank up windows and manual side mirrors, oh well, I am grateful to get a free rental, and it only has 176 miles on it...will post the results in a few days.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

FINALLY, The Creaking has Ceased!!

Today I picked up my G6 GT fhe Dealership after 8 days. They found the source of the noise I was hearing, Turns out it was some sort of "Plate" that is located under or around the seat belt retractor inside my "B" Pillar. It took a few days to pinpoint, but they found it. Among other things to try and quiet my creaking they did the following:

"Test Drove, Removed Door Panel, Tightened regulator bolts, Installed insulation on fueltank straps, adjusted left lower rocker moulding RR rear seat and carpet, RR Left B pillar moulding Found Metal below left front seat belt retractor flexing with body when turning, removed mate L"

They also lubed my front drivers seat bottom and they car is once again quiet. It took since August to get this pinpointed, but I am sure glad it is done. Thanks everyone for your ideas and reading my on-going saga. Don

Last edited by 06gtg6; 11-29-2005 at 08:32 AM.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gtg6
Hi, I am new here, My wife and I have a new 2006 G6 GT Sedan "Crimson Red' that we bought new in August, a week afer our purchase we noticed a creaking noise, seemingly from under the drvers side rocker panel or the "B" pillar area,(at first i thought it was the drivers seat bottom, but no... I tried lubing the weather seals around the front and back doors, to no avail, I went to the dealer for the 1st oil change around 1500 miles and mentioned it, they lubed the seals some more and called it "Body Flex". Got home and it still does it, when I turn onto my driveway apron from my street it makes a "ccccrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaakkkkkkkeeeee" sound. iit is a crunchy pecular noise.. I opened the drivers door while I pulled in and still heard it plain as day. Anyone encounter this nusiance? Has to be something under the rocker panel or behind the "B" pillar and I would call it more than the doors moving opposite of the body, the bolts are tight to the doors. any ideas? I cant live with the dealer discounting this noise as a new car with "Body Flex'. Thanks.....oh yea, the conventional sunroof shade panel was making some noise and they lubed it and it has vanished. now if they would address this creaking when going over and un-even surface.

I has a ratle that seemed to be behind dash on pass side-it was body flex of front fender--try opening hood-under the padding near the shock tower are seems--try pushing the car up and down to see if noise is from a seam-hope that helps -bud
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 PM

Quote:
They also lubed my front drivers seat bottom
Did you have to pay extra for that?
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilcher
Did you have to pay extra for that?
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

No, they did not charge me for anything. Including the seat bottom lubing, I geuss they just hit the track with some white lithium grease, maybe the springs under the cushion? (I did get the seat to let up in the mean time by not having the height adjuster bottomed out, I moved it up one touch before I took it in)(now it is quiet at any height) It was making some noises as I was sitting in it moving around while driving around the Srvce Mgr. He heard it in addition to gremlin I had within my "B" pillar,. took 8 days at the dealer to find a plate flexing everytime I turned or "flexed" my car. The recipt says 3 days rental car and I had it for 8 days..... My probem is solved and my wife and I are finally Happy with the G6 GT.

Last edited by 06gtg6; 11-29-2005 at 03:38 PM.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:44 PM

my 06 G6 GT did a similar thing, I found out it was something in the rear suspension rubber. I squirted all the rubber bushings with dry lube (being very careful not to get any on the rotors, already had enough trouble with the brakes) and I bounced the rear end up and down in the driveway and after a couple of times jacking it up and squirting , the creaking noise went away!!!
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:42 PM

i had a noise coming from the driver's seat when it's all the way down ... try to move it up and see if it goes away ...
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 05:27 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygon View Post
i had a noise coming from the driver's seat when it's all the way down ... try to move it up and see if it goes away ...
Did it?

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 04:16 PM

Dry lube hurts and give me a rash... Try to not get it on your skin... ?
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elguat View Post
Dry lube hurts and give me a rash... Try to not get it on your skin... ?
Where are you putting it? (J/K)

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in