Dr. Side Creaking "Body Flex"? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Dr. Side Creaking "Body Flex"?

Hi, I am new here, My wife and I have a new 2006 G6 GT Sedan "Crimson Red' that we bought new in August, a week afer our purchase we noticed a creaking noise, seemingly from under the drvers side rocker panel or the "B" pillar area,(at first i thought it was the drivers seat bottom, but no... I tried lubing the weather seals around the front and back doors, to no avail, I went to the dealer for the 1st oil change around 1500 miles and mentioned it, they lubed the seals some more and called it "Body Flex". Got home and it still does it, when I turn onto my driveway apron from my street it makes a "ccccrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaakkkkkkkeeeee" sound. iit is a crunchy pecular noise.. I opened the drivers door while I pulled in and still heard it plain as day. Anyone encounter this nusiance? Has to be something under the rocker panel or behind the "B" pillar and I would call it more than the doors moving opposite of the body, the bolts are tight to the doors. any ideas? I cant live with the dealer discounting this noise as a new car with "Body Flex'. Thanks.....oh yea, the conventional sunroof shade panel was making some noise and they lubed it and it has vanished. now if they would address this creaking when going over and un-even surface.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 05:37 AM

Have not heard that. No, I would not put up with that either. When you take it back, take them for a ride and show them when and how it makes the noise.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 07:03 AM

I have not heard this, knock on wood!! I agree with taking it the dealership and taking them for a ride, but if your luck is like mine, last time my made a noise, we went for a ride and it didn't do it. I ended up at the dealership 4 or 5 times before they finally decided they heard the noise. I have noticed the excuse for every noise (on mine anyway) is that it's a new design/car, which is clearly unacceptable!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 03:16 PM

I know what you are talking about...still havnt found a fix. Actually when I go over uneven areas (ie, entering a driveway, pulling off uneven pavement slowly) I can see my doors move slightly and shift. Ive always had a rattle and creak at slow speeds (the rattle is present at all times). Let me know if you manage to figure it out.

Anyone make SFCs for these things?
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 03:23 PM

same thing.. my car flexes when going in to the driveway or up on the curb.. it's very annoying.. makes the car feel like a tin can.. and it cannot be safe.. the panomramic roof messes with the integrity of the body
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 04:03 PM

I don't even have the panoramic... i wonder if its worse with it.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 04:09 PM

yeah.. lol.. it blows sometimes.. i feel like i'm driving a tin can at times
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 04:15 PM

GM just managed to find a way for the doors to shut in a 'well built' manner. LOL They tricked us!!!!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replys, that is exactly it.....it sounds like the crinkling of an aluminum can. That is the sound. It does relate to "Body Flex"..I geuss? Something is flexing, I just find it hard to believe that it is the Rubber Door Seals against paint. I am off this weekend and intend to look under the cars rocker panel and behind the "B" pillar, if i can safely remove the interior trim without breaking anything.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:32 AM

My parent's 05 with the panoramic roof is a year old now, and we've NEVER had that kind of noise!!!

Definitely ain't right. Take it back. If they still refuse to fix it, get yourself a new dealer, STAT!
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 AM

I doubt its related but I had a noise behind the driver area that I couldnt quite pinpoint-- they discovered a shock mount loose.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:24 PM

Oh thats a good time.. i need to look for untightened bolts it sounds like.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

It has rained all weeknd so I couldn't get under the car, but I did look like a "nut" (according to my wife) pulling into and back out of and over my driveway apron with both left doors open, it seems to me like it is a plastic(y) noise now that gets tighter as the car flexes with doors shut, I am thinking the bottom of one of the door panels (or both) is coming in contact with the interior panels and as the doors moves it pushes the two plastic pieces tighter together then releases as I crest the apron and stops when I get level again. kinda like (quiet) (creaaaaakkkeeee) (quiet). Only on drivers side. I did not see any scuffing on any of the panels where contact could be made. Will keep searching when I get a dry moment. And look closer for contact. I do not have the panoramic roof, I have the conventional rectangle sunroof.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Ahhhh, I checked for the noise and came to this conclusion, it is not the front or rear door making the noise,drivers seat or the rocker panel moulding. It creaks with both the doors wide open, that eliminates the doors moving, Will call dealer tommorow to schdule a check on it. Thanks
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 12:31 PM
GJS

my car had a noise it was the brake lines not fastened up in place properly and they were hitting the top of the gas tank and bottom of car they fastened them in place no more rattle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in