Any 2006 G6's with problems out there? - Page 3 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 01:44 PM

Well, things tend to come loose after driving for a while, so the spare is worth checking out, might just be an easy fix. Wouldn't that be nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
Did you try taking out all your old parts from your trunk, that may stop the noises! [I'm just trying to be a smart ass so if you don't have a sense of humor, just ignore me.] Being serious though, have you checked your spare to see if it's loose?

I have a hammer

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #33 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 01:52 PM

So i've heard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 01:56 PM

LOL. I'll check after I get off work...yes, I'm guilty of getting on forums at work. Hope it is that easy!
post #35 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 02:00 PM

Ha, ha.... Work is pretty much the only time I get on here!
post #36 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
So i've heard.
LMFAO

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #37 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 05:11 AM

Alright, I checked the spare, and.......that's not the problem, spare is nice and snug.
post #38 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2 View Post
Yesterday I closed the driver's side door and the reflector fell off, not a big deal and I can fix it myself. But annoying because I had a 97 Grand Am that had the same problem. Let's hope Pontiac doesn't go into the bycycle making business or those kiddies are in trouble at night.
Ohh that happened to me on my drivers side door as well... they had to order a new one and it took 3 weeks, then they didnt even have the courtesy to put it in for me, lol, they just gave it to me to do myself... not a big deal, more comical than anything lol
post #39 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
G6 Fun-Fan

I'm sad that all these people have been having problems with their G6's. My baby is an '06 Sedan (3500 V6) with 52,000 miles and the only problem I've had with her is the rotor warping, which I was ever so slightly annoyed with and had temporarily fixed with a resurfacing. Maybe I'll replace them somewhere down the road. I plan on having her a for several more years to come! Hope you all are enjoying your G6 as much as I am enjoying mine!
post #40 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 04:37 AM

clunking noise on the steering of the 2006 G6, could be the rack and pinion, this is what is happening withmine and it is getting fixed for the second time on the same part.
post #41 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 03:52 PM

Panoramic Sunroof

We bought a sweet 2006 G6 with 38,000 miles and it drives wonerfully.
But am now having problems with the sunroof.
It is a panoramic sunroof that the first panel from the front had the "retaining(?)" pins fall out. These are the pins that hold that glass into the track at the back (or the part of the glass/track that goes up. If that makes sense).
And there are 2 "almost" square rubber parts that is on the track toward the front of the glass track that came out. I am assuming that these are for anti rattle(?).
I have taken it to 2 dealers in Indy that have been unable to get these parts for me and neither one of them have an exploded parts view or diagram for this sunroof.
That is so wrong!
I even called Pontiac and all they would do is referred me to Helm Publications so that i can buy the service manual for $135.
I've posted this issue before and so far no help in getting closer to identifying these parts.
Is there anyone out there that can help? Direct me? Guide me? Hehe!
I am desperate though.......
Pontiac, are you there?? Any service techs in this forum that can direct, guide or advise me?

Appreciate any feedback or help.

Also, the front brakes sqeak something awful. My wife gets embarrased from it. I plan to replace the pads with ceramic pads myself, and not using GM parts.
Any feedback on this would be great as well...I am most likely going to buy Wagner pads.

Thanks

Ken
post #42 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 07:57 AM

sorry, don't know anything abou that, but I have to say, that it's pretty pathetic that your GM dealerships can't help you with this.
post #43 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 03:32 PM

I think that maybe I will finally get some resolution with this.

I took it back to the closest Pontiac Dealer and the service man told me that he knows what they are. He had one just in that broke on a lady that ran thru a car wash and the suction of the wash broke hers.
So he says that it should be know problem getting it taken care of.

Hopefully!
Scheduled to go in next Tuesday.....

Ken
post #44 of 379 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:05 PM

Alright, finally somebody that can help you!
post #45 of 379 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM

Still have the knocking in the rear of my car...and I do have that steering pop others are talking about. Bad thing is my car has not been under warranty for several thousand miles, so I have to pay to have everything replaced. Anyone know about how much it costs to have the rack and pinion replaced?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in