Helpful Website? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Helpful Website?

www.mycarstats.com If you go to this website and enter your information you will be able to log on and look at consumer complaints, manufacturer recalls, bulletin summaries (TSB), and investigations on the G6 and any other cars you want to look up. It is free and seemed a little helpful. There are some consumer complaints about the steering locking up. There were 11 complaints, 1 recall listed, 34 TSB's , and 0 investigations . I'm sure not all recalls, TSB's, etc.... are listed but there are quite a few incase any of you are interested in looking at them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 PM

My 2 Cents

Here is my 2 cents on this website. I read a few of the customer complaints and immediatly this site lost credibility .

A few of the complaints regarding structure etc... were for a Wind buffiting or thumping noise when driving with both back windows down.

That has to be the dumbest complaint I have ever heard. Have these people ever driven a 4 door car in their lives? Who is writing up these complaints? This has to be a joke. I have yet to be in a 4 door car that does not have this helicopter like windo noise with both back windows down and the front ones up. True some cars are worse than others but this is rediculous.
Also what consitiutes an investigation for this site. One of the "steering" complaints claimed to involve an accedent with an injury, and they clearly stated it was investigated by GM and GM did nothing. Yet there are 0 investigations reported!?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anth_97
Here is my 2 cents on this website. I read a few of the customer complaints and immediatly this site lost credibility .

A few of the complaints regarding structure etc... were for a Wind buffiting or thumping noise when driving with both back windows down.

That has to be the dumbest complaint I have ever heard. Have these people ever driven a 4 door car in their lives? Who is writing up these complaints? This has to be a joke. I have yet to be in a 4 door car that does not have this helicopter like windo noise with both back windows down and the front ones up. True some cars are worse than others but this is rediculous.
Also what consitiutes an investigation for this site. One of the "steering" complaints claimed to involve an accedent with an injury, and they clearly stated it was investigated by GM and GM did nothing. Yet there are 0 investigations reported!?

If you look back in past posts you will see that some of our other G6 owners asked about that thumping noise when driving with the back windows down. I realize that most 4 door cars do this, but some people at that time when asking did not realize this and obviously they are not the only ones. Like I said in my post, not all information is listed on recalls, TSB's, etc..... in this web-site.

I was trying to help others because a while back when I read this I had been to the dealership and the service tech acted like I was crazy when I told him about the popping/cracking noise in the dash, then I go to this website and realize I'm not the only one that has heard this noise.

Before you post about dumb complaints again, you may want to check the postings to make sure your fellow g6er's have not had the same complaints. You are likely to offend someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
If you look back in past posts you will see that some of our other G6 owners asked about that thumping noise when driving with the back windows down. I realize that most 4 door cars do this, but some people at that time when asking did not realize this and obviously they are not the only ones. Like I said in my post, not all information is listed on recalls, TSB's, etc..... in this web-site.

I was trying to help others because a while back when I read this I had been to the dealership and the service tech acted like I was crazy when I told him about the popping/cracking noise in the dash, then I go to this website and realize I'm not the only one that has heard this noise.

Before you post about dumb complaints again, you may want to check the postings to make sure your fellow g6er's have not had the same complaints. You are likely to offend someone.
I noticed your join date was October 2005, you may want to read up on the postings from August and September.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 PM

Robyn P.....i agree with you. i thought this was a very good website to access information and get some feedback from others around the country.

also give you an idea what kind of issues a particular make and model of car is having.

i was searching this last night before my trip in to see Mr Goodwrench today.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 12:05 PM

First of all I did not mean to offend anyone. Sorry if I did.
Yes my Join date was Oct but I was reading the website long before then (join date does not mean I haven't see the site befroe then) and I was aware others on this forum had this complaint about the buffiting sound with the back Windows open.

I just wanted to point out how the site may have good points but most of the complaints have no bearing. That wind noise occurs on most 4 door vehicles and has nothing to do with the G6 specifically.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anth_97

Although that website seems quite helpful, I must agree with anth_97. There are many inconsistencies such as the steering complaint that the owner said resulted in injury and said that GM did nothing yet on the site it still shows that 0 investigations were reported... there also seems to be a lot of pointless blatent self promoting propaganda such as...

--- Recent User Feedback ---
"Your site seems to be a wealth of information. At the very least I know that the problems I am experiencing with my car are not unique."
Susan C.

Its almost as bad as CNN the most trusted name in news
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in