Around the Web - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Around the Web

Was browsing a few sites today.....

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir.../.ef10e53/1856

"Honestly, I cam here looking for information for a friend of mine. She bought her G6 this summer and has had nothing but problems with it. First she was having an intermittent stalling problem with it. She took it to the dealer a few times and of course it wouldn't stall when they had it. Finally, it started running really bad and then stalled and wouldn't start again. The dealer towed it to the garage where they replaced the cadilatic converter. Mind you, this car has 800 miles on it. Now it's having a problem shifting between 1 and second gear. It acts like it hangs up there and it makes a really bad noise. She contacted GM and told them what was happening and their response was, "How do you know it's not shifting?" So far she really isn't happy with it, but I guess she's stuck with it "

This isn't the only 'bad' experience posted there... if anyone finds any other post out there post them here.. maybe we can get these G6 owners signed up here and pool all this information together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 08:49 PM

I swear this site is turning into a "Lets let a few people rag on their cars" kind of place. I'll even things out by saying that my car has been PERFECT, no problems at all. Of the 7 new cars (Chryslers, Acuras, and Pontiacs) my family has owned in the last 6 years, none of them have gone almost an entire year without having to go back to the dealer for some problems.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:21 PM

I just read about that one guy who had computer problems with his GTP coupe...great.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbengt67
I swear this site is turning into a "Lets let a few people rag on their cars" kind of place. I'll even things out by saying that my car has been PERFECT, no problems at all. Of the 7 new cars (Chryslers, Acuras, and Pontiacs) my family has owned in the last 6 years, none of them have gone almost an entire year without having to go back to the dealer for some problems.
PLEASE, don't get me wrong....i still LOVE my G6!!!! i have had no problems with it at all with 14k on it.....EXCEPT for this steering issue.

but the bottom line is this; i'm still going to drive as i would normally and not let this steering issue get to me. but i AM gong to do all i can to help, if possible, resolve this problem for myself and other fellow G6 Owners.

hey, i figure when my time is up, ITS UP!!! at least if i 'go' in my G6, i'll be 'going in style'!!!!!! ha ha
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

I am just sick of going to the dealer who has the same attitude (basically..how come the other G6 owners aren't in here complaining) Chances are they are afraid of being ridiculed and accused of not having a real problem. I would really want those of us with the issue to get it resolved. Those without the issue can continue to enjoy their cars...those with issues are NOT enjoying their cars.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:00 AM

I feel if you have a problem, Post it here and let GM know. If there is a solution, update your problem post with it. Don't just keep complaining about it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER99
I am just sick of going to the dealer who has the same attitude (basically..how come the other G6 owners aren't in here complaining) Chances are they are afraid of being ridiculed and accused of not having a real problem. I would really want those of us with the issue to get it resolved. Those without the issue can continue to enjoy their cars...those with issues are NOT enjoying their cars.
I totally agree!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in