2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Sounds like you have sticky pads....
Is it under warranty?

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 10:42 PM
jna

no its not under warnt i thought maybe the brake switch is bad or maybe needs adj but ill check the pads. thanks bro ill let u know
post #18 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 08:44 AM

Did you find out what the problem is? I have the same issue with the noise pushing on the brakes when I take it out of park and the brake lights staying on all the time. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 PM

Its the (body control modual)
post #20 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 AM
jna

brake light

its Body Control Mod call Pontiac bcuz there was a recall on them but only on certain VIN #s and mine wasnt one of them surprise surprise. But its located under dash on driver side and all they need to do is spray some lubricant on wires bcuz they have corrossion on them. Only cost me $40 dollars and Pontiac called local Pontiac dealer to set up time , and then when i took it in i watched them spray wires so if it happend again i do it myself. The dealer wanted to do a diagnastic check to see if that is what problem was and i said hell no , they just wanted to get more money. It only takes couple min to do , i hope this helps. Let me know what happens
post #21 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 08:09 AM

Garage
if thats not the problem it could be the brake switch as well they replaced mine when i had those same problems except i had the glitchy cruise too but they changed out my brake switch and everythings good now

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #22 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 11:56 PM

how much was the brake switch installed by dealer? Or did you do it yourself?
post #23 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 AM

Garage
dealer did it...cost me 150 bucks for that job plus they took a nail outta one of my tires and patched that up so it should be less than that.

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #24 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 AM

Did your car do the brake thing alot? My brake lights came on once when my cruise control was on and it shut my cruise control off. But the cruise control started working fine after I tapped the brakes and the brake lights went off. And I have never had any problems shifting out of park. Also my vehicle was not included in the recall imagine that.
post #25 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 09:15 AM

Garage
haha yeah i feel ya with the recall man. and the brakes seemed to be ALWAYS on leading up to when i had it fixed. you might not have the same prob as me so it might just be the spray lubricant

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #26 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 12:52 AM

Alright, I havent had any problems since so I guess I'll wait until the problem reoccurs.
post #27 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM

my brake lights seem to be staying on more regularly, so I am going to try to put some dielectric grease on teh BCM. Has anyone done this, I know I have to disconnect the battery, do I need to take the whole dash off or can I just pull the right side center console trim off. Wasn't able to find anything on google about how to remove that panel.
post #28 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 AM
07 Black GT Vert ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by jna View Post
its Body Control Mod call Pontiac bcuz there was a recall on them but only on certain VIN #s and mine wasnt one of them surprise surprise. But its located under dash on driver side and all they need to do is spray some lubricant on wires bcuz they have corrossion on them. Only cost me $40 dollars and Pontiac called local Pontiac dealer to set up time , and then when i took it in i watched them spray wires so if it happend again i do it myself. The dealer wanted to do a diagnastic check to see if that is what problem was and i said hell no , they just wanted to get more money. It only takes couple min to do , i hope this helps. Let me know what happens
Good Info, will help us stay on top of this issue!

post #29 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 AM

This thread was very helpful. I had the same problem with brake lights staying on and making a strange noise when first pressing down on them. I bought some Dielectric Silicon and put it on the connectors on the BCM and the problem is gone. Thanks all.
post #30 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 AM

I have read several things on google saying the bcm is on the right side, and someone on here said it was on the left side. I was dielectric grease on the one plug on the left panel and on 1 of 3 plugs on the right panel, the one with the bolt that secures it in place. I havent had any problems since I did this, but the car did start rough the first couple times, and for future reference dont use your remote starter until youv'e started your car a couple of times and drove around the block. I used my remote starter and it just kept cranking over until I put the key in and shut it off then started it with the key and it started rough meaning took longer than normal to turn over but was fine once I drove around the block and restarted it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in