07 G6 GT Driver side interior door handle not working - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

07 G6 GT Driver side interior door handle not working

Hello and please bare with me considering I have a very small amount of knowledge relating to cars.

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT and for the past few weeks it has been occasionally difficult to open my driver side door from the inside. When I say occasionally difficult, it seemed very resistant and I had to pull the handle fairly hard to get the door to open. The other day it happened again and this time I pulled and it the door did not open, but seemed to release some form of tension. Now, the door handle is unresponsive (as if the child safety feature was on). It is opening perfectly fine from the exterior, just not from the interior. Do I need to replace the interior handle? Can I do that myself? Thank you so much for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Slick Black Pontiac

Send a message via Skype™ to Gambit
Sounds to me like you broke something inside. I have not had the doors apart on the G6 yet. But older GM cars I've owned had a bunch of metal bars that were connected to the handle and the locking mechanism. I broke the end off one and had to fix it. I used a few zip ties and some duct tape, but that was on a car I didn't really care that much about... and I had no money.

Well, at least its summer. Get used to sticking your hand out the window to open the door. Make it a trademark move for you... Or take the door apart and fix the inside handle. Whatever floats your boat.

You might be better off taking this to a local garage or a dealer.

Modifications:
Aftermarket Exhaust system w/chrome tip. (came with car)
Red ZZ Performance Strut Tower Bar.
Pioneer DEH-P5200HD CD Receiver (HD Radio).
Metra 99-3303 adapter and Steering wheel control adapter.
LED bulbs in climate control panel.
Moda MD9 wheels, Falken Ziex ZE 912 tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in