Fog Light Button - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Fog Light Button

I got in the car last night and turned on the fogs lights and I noticed the little light inside the button was flashing. I thought maybe I had not fully hit the buttom so I pushed it again and it turned the fog lights off. So I pushed it again to turn the fog lights back on and now the light inside the button no longer works. I checked again this morning to make sure it was still not working and it wasn't. I am wondering since this light stopped working what else will stop working that may be connected to it. Anyone else notice this? Fogs lights still work as of now, just not the light in the fog light button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 AM

When you say the button was flashing, was a consistent flashing, like a blinking? Or was it more flickering on and off? If it was just flickering, it could just be a bad connection to the LED light. If it was steadily blinking, then it almost seems like an indicator for something. However, if something was actually wrong, you would think that a light on the dash would go on instead of a little bit of flashing from the foglight button.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsuperfreak
When you say the button was flashing, was a consistent flashing, like a blinking? Or was it more flickering on and off? If it was just flickering, it could just be a bad connection to the LED light. If it was steadily blinking, then it almost seems like an indicator for something. However, if something was actually wrong, you would think that a light on the dash would go on instead of a little bit of flashing from the foglight button.
It was flickering before it completely stopped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 12:13 PM

i have 16,000 miles on my car and the l.e.d. light burnt out about 200 miles ago out of no where no flashing just stopped.
so i thought it was weird but didnt post.
i am going to get an oil change 500 miles ago so i will ask the dealer and post when it gets done probbably on the weekend.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 12:51 PM

Not sure on the new lighting, but on the old switches the light in the switch gets its power from the power that's feeding into the switch, and you have to have a ground wire connected to complete the circuit. Maybe it's as simple as a wire cut somewhere, but then you have to ask why or how?
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
I got in the car last night and turned on the fogs lights and I noticed the little light inside the button was flashing. I thought maybe I had not fully hit the buttom so I pushed it again and it turned the fog lights off. So I pushed it again to turn the fog lights back on and now the light inside the button no longer works. I checked again this morning to make sure it was still not working and it wasn't. I am wondering since this light stopped working what else will stop working that may be connected to it. Anyone else notice this? Fogs lights still work as of now, just not the light in the fog light button.
the 'flashing light' on your Foglight Switch means the following;

"Ms Robyn P, if you or any of your Robyn P Family become upset with this vehicle, GM will disavow any knowledge of wrongdoing and your G6 will self-destruct in 60 seconds" .....Good Luck, Robyn P!!!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Action
the 'flashing light' on your Foglight Switch means the following;

"Ms Robyn P, if you or any of your Robyn P Family become upset with this vehicle, GM will disavow any knowledge of wrongdoing and your G6 will self-destruct in 60 seconds" .....Good Luck, Robyn P!!!

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 07:32 AM
PCB

Robin, You wouldn't happen to be in Nashville, would you? I swear they have every inch of their freeway system torn up at the same time!! It is so bad I don't even want to drive the G6 when I have to go there.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCB
Robin, You wouldn't happen to be in Nashville, would you? I swear they have every inch of their freeway system torn up at the same time!! It is so bad I don't even want to drive the G6 when I have to go there.

I live about an hour from Nashville. I think the majority of the roads in Tennessee are tore up. It drives me nuts!!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 10:12 AM

I have the same dead light issue, happened around 10 Months/9K Miles
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsgoal31
I have the same dead light issue, happened around 10 Months/9K Miles

I've had mine 9 months and it's got 7000 miles on it. It makes no sense. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but you don't expect things like that to stop working after 9 months. Going tomorrow to try to trade, again!! Wish me luck!!
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 09:44 PM

Likely the LED in switch failed - you need a new switch.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
I've had mine 9 months and it's got 7000 miles on it. It makes no sense. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but you don't expect things like that to stop working after 9 months. Going tomorrow to try to trade, again!! Wish me luck!!
hey, Good Luck!!! what are you looking at NOW?
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 11:01 AM

hey i tried punching my button real hard!
and it almost went on?

just kidding,

trading for a working button?
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Action
hey, Good Luck!!! what are you looking at NOW?
I'm trying to get back in an Xterra, but right now I'm upside down and it seems that all the dealers around Tennessee are crooks. Two quoted me a 600 payment, then I found another dealer that was getting me a black 05 Xterra for 4000 less than the others and giving me the same for my trade as the others and this dealership still came up with a 600 dollar payment. One tried to force me into a 4 cyclinder Altima. He was like, "oh it's got leather and nice rims". I told him I was in a GT and I was not going to trade down. I'm not happy with my G6, but I'm not that unhappy!! As of right now I'm just going to have to learn to live with it. Summer was OK with it, but with Winter coming I'm afraid of it. Last year I had my Xterra and I felt like I could go in the snow, but the G6 scares me, especially with the steering lock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in