Back BUMPER - Pontiac G6 Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5
 
Red face Back BUMPER

We have a new Pontiac G6...2006...we noticed a place where the right side quater panel and the rear bumper meet....like a bubble but really a pain peel...we took it back to the dealer who repainted part of it and it looks like terrible.. ok howver the kicker......9 of 12 cars on their lot have the same problem.......anyone else???....
marine2B is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Explr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Gloucester, Mass./Hudson Valley, NY
Age: 47
Posts: 221
 
Can you post a pic?
Explr1 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:55 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 235
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2B
We have a new Pontiac G6...2006...we noticed a place where the right side quater panel and the rear bumper meet....like a bubble but really a pain peel...we took it back to the dealer who repainted part of it and it looks like terrible.. ok howver the kicker......9 of 12 cars on their lot have the same problem.......anyone else???....

My 99 GA had paint to peel from the bumper. It bubbled first, I left it alone and eventually came off. Pontiac dealership had the Nissan dealership to re-paint it.

My G6 has a thinning spot in the paint where the windshield meets the roof, on the edge in front if the On-Star antenna. It looks like the black was left off of this spot, but the clear coat is on it. Haven't had it checked out yet, waiting till the oil change to point out my problems.
Robyn P is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 488
 
That seems to be a problem area for this car. I've heard of this happening where the front bumper meets the fender too.

Mike
GTPGuy82 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPGuy82
That seems to be a problem area for this car. I've heard of this happening where the front bumper meets the fender too.

Mike
Really..ok.. well.. I thought it interesting when I asked the CFO of my dealer to come look at another car I had seen...then when we looked 9 out of 12 on his lot...GTP,GT, Sedan and Coupe all had the same problem...idiots.. on the front as well??.Will have to take a look at that....thanks

Last edited by marine2B; 12-14-2005 at 12:23 PM.
marine2B is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
My 99 GA had paint to peel from the bumper. It bubbled first, I left it alone and eventually came off. Pontiac dealership had the Nissan dealership to re-paint it.

My G6 has a thinning spot in the paint where the windshield meets the roof, on the edge in front if the On-Star antenna. It looks like the black was left off of this spot, but the clear coat is on it. Haven't had it checked out yet, waiting till the oil change to point out my problems.
did you have this looked at yet? or are you saying it peeled and then they fixed it?...
marine2B is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explr1
Can you post a pic?
I dont have a picture of it but given my dealer..you should be bale to spot it easily at your local dealer as well 9 or 12 had the problem on my dealers lot....
marine2B is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 02:24 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 235
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2B
did you have this looked at yet? or are you saying it peeled and then they fixed it?...

I have not had the G6 looked at yet. The only reason I noticed it was because I was standing on my deck one night and the motion light had come on and it looked like fuzz stuck on the car, so I went over and reached to get it off and realized it was a spot in the paint. In the daylight it looks like left over wax, but it is very smooth and will not come off, so I know it's under the clear coat. The Grand Am's bumper bubbled and peeled and I got it fixed.
Robyn P is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome