Back BUMPER - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Red face Back BUMPER

We have a new Pontiac G6...2006...we noticed a place where the right side quater panel and the rear bumper meet....like a bubble but really a pain peel...we took it back to the dealer who repainted part of it and it looks like terrible.. ok howver the kicker......9 of 12 cars on their lot have the same problem.......anyone else???....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:41 AM

Can you post a pic?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2B
We have a new Pontiac G6...2006...we noticed a place where the right side quater panel and the rear bumper meet....like a bubble but really a pain peel...we took it back to the dealer who repainted part of it and it looks like terrible.. ok howver the kicker......9 of 12 cars on their lot have the same problem.......anyone else???....

My 99 GA had paint to peel from the bumper. It bubbled first, I left it alone and eventually came off. Pontiac dealership had the Nissan dealership to re-paint it.

My G6 has a thinning spot in the paint where the windshield meets the roof, on the edge in front if the On-Star antenna. It looks like the black was left off of this spot, but the clear coat is on it. Haven't had it checked out yet, waiting till the oil change to point out my problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 AM

That seems to be a problem area for this car. I've heard of this happening where the front bumper meets the fender too.

Mike
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPGuy82
That seems to be a problem area for this car. I've heard of this happening where the front bumper meets the fender too.

Mike
Really..ok.. well.. I thought it interesting when I asked the CFO of my dealer to come look at another car I had seen...then when we looked 9 out of 12 on his lot...GTP,GT, Sedan and Coupe all had the same problem...idiots.. on the front as well??.Will have to take a look at that....thanks

Last edited by marine2B; 12-14-2005 at 12:23 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn P
My 99 GA had paint to peel from the bumper. It bubbled first, I left it alone and eventually came off. Pontiac dealership had the Nissan dealership to re-paint it.

My G6 has a thinning spot in the paint where the windshield meets the roof, on the edge in front if the On-Star antenna. It looks like the black was left off of this spot, but the clear coat is on it. Haven't had it checked out yet, waiting till the oil change to point out my problems.
did you have this looked at yet? or are you saying it peeled and then they fixed it?...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explr1
Can you post a pic?
I dont have a picture of it but given my dealer..you should be bale to spot it easily at your local dealer as well 9 or 12 had the problem on my dealers lot....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2B
did you have this looked at yet? or are you saying it peeled and then they fixed it?...

I have not had the G6 looked at yet. The only reason I noticed it was because I was standing on my deck one night and the motion light had come on and it looked like fuzz stuck on the car, so I went over and reached to get it off and realized it was a spot in the paint. In the daylight it looks like left over wax, but it is very smooth and will not come off, so I know it's under the clear coat. The Grand Am's bumper bubbled and peeled and I got it fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in