Any one else have this problem with the gtp g6 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Any one else have this problem with the gtp g6

i have an 06 gtp coupe automatic when i am sitting at lights or just sitting there ideling my car kinda shakes like its kind of missing any 1 else have this problem my car only has 750 kmh on its brandnew
please let me know thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 04:25 PM

My automatic GTP coupe is pretty smooth at idle. I would have the dealer look at it.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 04:25 PM

Check some past posts. I think this has been talked about before, but I'm not sure it was on an 06 GTP Coupe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 10:56 PM

My GTP idles smoothly most of the time. Once in a while I'll feel a slight shudder in the steering wheel, but that's it.

My GAGT shuddered since it was new, and GM said it was normal.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 07:23 AM

rough idle

blow out the car--find a hill and floor it--every once in a while you have to blow out the engine--it should idle smother --if not after a few times--have the dealer check it
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:50 AM
MP2

Here's another thread on the same subject. It's not just you, I noticed it also and I was concerned at first. But after reading others posts here with the same descritpion I don't consider it an problem.

If his car is brand new and only has 750 km I highly doubt it needs blown out, or anything else done to it. lol
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 05:06 PM

I own a GTP with 6 speed. I use ethanol / gasoline mixture (from the pump) And ideling is 100%. I really like ethanol for many reasons. I feel it keeps the injection system in a better condition. I used it for years on a 2001 Grand Am and never had any complaint.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

i thought all gas had ethanol mixed with it
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 02:53 PM

g6 blow out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Here's another thread on the same subject. It's not just you, I noticed it also and I was concerned at first. But after reading others posts here with the same descritpion I don't consider it an problem.

If his car is brand new and only has 750 km I highly doubt it needs blown out, or anything else done to it. lol
Mileage has little to do with it-city driving-constant speed-warming it up a lot-idling a lot -etc.. every once in a while-get on car up a hill-that means put it to the floor and make it climb-thats blowing it out-all the idling etc clogs it up.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 AM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
Got a 06 gtp sedan. notice little shudder at stoplights or in gear stopped. tach moves a little when it happens
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 08:23 PM
GTP 06

If anyone can help me out on this one i would be thankful. The next time your sitting in your car quietly running at idle. Listen very carefully for a silent knock or tapping sound coming from what sounds like the lower dash. I know its not the lifters because i know what they sound like. Just want to know if i'm not the only one hearing this. I have 4 speed auto with 3900. Thanks
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:19 AM

I can hear the tapping noise behind the dash somewhere for months but couldn't locate the source. It was irritating and embarassing. But somehow it mysteriously disappeared and now it's quiet. I love my G6 again.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 02:10 PM
GTP 06

Possible fix for idle shudder. Ok, I've taken the car to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with it, even though i had the guy sit in it while it was doing it. I kinda figured that what he would say. So, last night I went to a mechanic i know that has one of those fancy computers and hooked it up to the car. while sitting there at idle in drive, under cylinder miss on the computer. the number 2 cylinder misses a few times every cycle on the reader. The other cylinders are fine. The reason the miss doesn't trip the car's awareness system to turn the check engine light, is because it doesn't miss enough times per cycle. So, you may have the same prob, but might not be the same cylinder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in