Snow Tires - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Snow Tires

We had some slippery snow last night and I got a good chance to try out the snow tires I mounted a few weeks ago. My car is a G6 GT that had the 17" continental tires. They were really bad in the snow and I was afraid my 16 year old daughtrer would get into trouble with them this winter. The new tires are 16" Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted on Malibu Max wheels (Bought on E-Bay). The Blizzaks made a huge difference in handling the slippery conditions and I would recommend them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 05:31 PM

I have the 17" Continentals also. The weather has been very unusual this year so we haven't had to much snow. May purchase snow tires next year. Out of curiosity, what tire size did you go with (225/50-16, 205/60-16, etc)?

Al
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

I bought 215/60/16 used tires out of the classified ads. They were only used last year and had at best 3K miles on them. I got lucky since I paid $300 for the tires on BMW 5 series wheels. I turned around and sold the wheels for $306 on E-bay so the tires were free. I did have to pay $330 for the aluminum Malibu Max wheels on E-bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 08:59 PM

Big Al...I am in Calgary, and I agree, this weather has been the best for winter that I can remember...the one bad snowfall we had here when I was leaving the university late at night I was slippin all over the place. 200 hp is no good on freezing rain!! I will get winter tires next year though, if it is really icy. The stock tires are no good on slippery snow and ice.

I tried to get snow tires in December but no one had the right size, they said not til this October.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in