K&N cold air intake question - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

K&N cold air intake question

hi i have a 2006 g6 3.5l and i am trying to get the most out of my mpg, I have changed spark plugs, got new tires, put in a new air filter, changed my oil with a full syn, did a fuel system cleaning, so i was just wondering about a cold air intake i heard people say it helps your gas millage and performance and i heard others say it made it worst, does anyone have one on their car and if so how does it do for you, also if you know any other tricks to increase my mpg please let me know thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 08:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
ive never heard of a CAI making your car worse, unless its a 4cyl 2.4 and you dont tune. Although with the more power and better sound it is kinda hard to keep your foot off the pedal. Which would result in lower MPG. FYI I have a K&N and if I were you I'd look into CRABS instead. The heatshild itself makes a world of difference. Ive got pics in my progression.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 01:04 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

With an intake you get cooler denser air flowing in more freely. This alone helps the engine run better and usually results in some improvement provided you keep the lead out of your foot.

You can double check your alignment, a lot of people really into MPG will have the toe and camber set to dead 0 to minimize rolling resistance, thing is I'm not sure if being at 0 degrees will still remain in spec for a G6.

Also reducing the weight of your car could improve MPG.
You can also get a tune, and while it may gain you 1-2mpg it does require premium fuel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 03:14 PM

I have a CRABS with FPU. Not sure it helped my mpg but it certainly didn't hurt. But I'll admit I have a lead foot ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2009 Techno Gray Metallic G6 GXP Sedan (3.6L Auto6 112K miles)
---
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in