bad battery - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

bad battery

So besides from bring charged $105 to change the overflow hose I have a bad battery. Any suggestions on a new one? I got subs so I was thinking about getting a better battery than I need for if I ever upgrade and end up needing the extra juice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 04:16 PM

First off, where in the hell did you go to get an overflow hose at that price? Secondly, if you need to know your battery condition, just go to your local auto parts and they can run a test. If you need a battery, get down and dirty ., do it yourself. Save $$
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

My dealership...i went in with a coolant leak. I looked myself and assumed the hose was leaking. They decided to change the clamps instead. With it still leaking they finally decided to throw on the hoses. Said I'd only be charged for labor. Which was $105 an hour.

I have a $250 warranty and they told me the hoses weren't covered. I'll look over the paperwork to really get down to the point. But they quoted me $142.86 in a voicemail. Told me they would call the next morning by noon, didn't even call until 5:30. Plus the auto zone/auto parts places would install batteries for free? And someone that checked my battery at auto zone suggested to super glue a penny to the top cover of the battery to help avoid battery corrosion. Anyone else heard or can confirm this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:17 AM

The glue a penny 1/8 of an inch from each battery terminal is an old trick. It takes corrosion longer to build up because of the copper. I just use baking soda ,an old tooth brush, and a little water to clean the top of the battery. Also for the terminals and posts use a battery cleaning tool.(You can get one at any parts store). I do this every other oil change, some people do it every oil change. I also dab a little vasoline on the top of each battery post after cleaning. Overall it's a simple task and it helps in keeping corrosion in check.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 07:12 AM
jml

Battery posts maintenance

Hi,

2008, 3.5 L with original AC Delco battery
I tried that: after cleaning well the connector and post (the positive one.The negative is always clean), i spread on 2-3 good layers of clear coat. This is a month ago. Will wait another 3 months and will then check the condition

Regards
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

I'm really just looking for suggestions for a new battery.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Hi,

I am also looking to purchase a new more powerful battery for my 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe 3.5 Liter, V6 Engine. It is heavily optioned with heated seats, etc. I would like one with the most CCA as possible that would fit my car without modification.

Your suggestions and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in