Wiper no wiping - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Question Wiper no wiping

Get it!? HA HA I hung out with my friends and their little ones this weekend so Dora made an appearance.

ANYWAY ... Wiper blades!!?? I installed a set of Bosche Marathon OE on my ride this past June. They work great ... HOWEVER anything above 55mph and they (driver side mostly) lifts off the windshield. It's the second time I've purchased Bosche and haven't been impressed.

They're ready to be replaced and would like some feedback on what you all have had luck with (especially with highway speeds)?

I'm also curious if there's a way to adapt or change the arms so that I could use all the standard wiper blades out there instead of having to be restricted to only the aerodynamic blades (or whatever you want to call them).

Thank you all for your input! Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 02:54 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I got Trico Onyx wipers. And I love them! I'm a daily highway commuter and these things are quiet and never really lift at high speeds.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 05:27 PM

I'm just here for the Dora reference. Don't judge me....lol

But seriously, I've heard great things about the Trico ExactFit wiper blades. A week ago they had a wiper blowout sale on RockAuto and you could get a pair for ~$7 . Not sure if the sale is still going on now, though.

08 G6 Value Leader
STOCK and boring....for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 12:51 PM

So am I Dr_G6! This title made me laugh. You guys have a great holiday! Remember if you have any questions concerning your G6 you can always inbox me.

Jackie
GM Customer Care

Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.gm.com!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Perfessor

Garage
I got those Trico Onyx blades and I have to say that I am less than impressed. First, they wont stay latched onto the the wiper arm (if you lift them the with a very light twist, to clean them, they pop off). Second, on the upstroke, they are great (wind flow pushing them down). On the down-stroke, they lift in the middle (driver side more than passenger side [longer blade]). I'm next going to try a set that does not have that fancy up swept backing on them. It creates to much lift in my opinion.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfessor View Post
I got those Trico Onyx blades and I have to say that I am less than impressed. First, they wont stay latched onto the the wiper arm (if you lift them the with a very light twist, to clean them, they pop off). Second, on the upstroke, they are great (wind flow pushing them down). On the down-stroke, they lift in the middle (driver side more than passenger side [longer blade]). I'm next going to try a set that does not have that fancy up swept backing on them. It creates to much lift in my opinion.
Really? I'm super rough with mine when cleaning the windshield or cleaning off snow. And I usually push 100 once a week rain or shine, never lifted or popped off once. But I guess to each their own right?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_G6 View Post

But seriously, I've heard great things about the Trico ExactFit wiper blades. A week ago they had a wiper blowout sale on RockAuto and you could get a pair for ~$7 . Not sure if the sale is still going on now, though.
No judgment from me Dr_G6! LOL I laughed on my way to the office that morning as I was composing the email in my head.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm going to pick up some new blades this weekend. I did check RockAuto and they still had them listed but one side was out of stock. I know I'm going to pay more, but I need to get rid of these Bosche POS.

Save travels G6 owners!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_G6 View Post

I went and checked out the ExactFit blades and can get them in the size I need (obviously) ... however, the connecting clip won't work with the car. Is there something I am missing or is there a way to use them (or other) typical blades that don't use the "special" connector?

Thanks again for all the feedback everyone!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Perfessor

Garage
They usually come with 2 'adapters' included, I think. Some cars just use the hook at the end of the wiper arm. Unfortunately, mine is not one of them, hence my problem with them.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 01:31 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfessor View Post
Now that its gotten bitter freezing cold here I've experienced the same issue. Didn't seem to happen when new but with age and weathering they do pop off easily. The clip needs improvement.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Hey everyone! Still on the hunt .... I am wondering if it's possible to swap out the wiper arms (hook style vs clip) so that I can use tradition blades vs the 'hybrid' blades the G6 typically needs. Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!

Last edited by GBogey6; 02-08-2014 at 08:49 AM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 09:20 PM
iz Jared

Send a message via AIM to Jarebear
I used the Rain-X wipers and they were GREAT! Granted I also use Rain-X on my windshield to keep it from needing the wipers too often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in