Panaromic Sunroof - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Angry Panaromic Sunroof

Hello All! I am new to the G6 forum but I would like to know if anyone has trouble with their panaromic sunroof. Mine has been to the dealer 3 times for not sealing properly and a rattling noise. It constantly sounds like its loose. When I first bought the car I LOVED the sunroof but now after one replacement and multiple trips to the dealership I HATE IT!! I don't even open the roof divider anymore because I CAN'T STAND the noise. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similiar problem? HELP PLEASE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 08:38 PM

Yes, I had the same issues with my sunroof. I had it at the dealer 3 different times and it would seem a little better for the first few days but then would go back to rattling and shaking....not to mention the wind noise. I, too, would keep the divider closed to keep it a little more quiet. The other day while driving down the road, one of the panels completely shattered. I'm not sure if something hit it or it was just from them messing around with it - I wish I'd never heard of the panaromic sunroof! So they actually replaced your roof and it still isn't right? I was hoping that after mine is repaired, it would fix the problem but it sounds like it will always be an issue.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 02:56 AM

When I bought my G5 my longtime Salesman advised me against the sunroof option,said that I would be back all the time with noise & leakage problems.No suroof in our G6 either.

07/G5,85&78 VETTE'S,,,,WIFE 08/G6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Matthew G.

Yep, my sun roof does it too.... I don't think they can do much..... just replace the bushings in the roof slide
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 AM

yea i got the same problems with my G6's sunroof,iv taken it in twice now and they said it needed re-alighnment and needed to be tightened,well im sick of payin them my hard earned money for no damn help!!!!!mine leaks air and water,really SUCKS!!!!time for silocone??maybe...........
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 08:21 AM

Sunroof noise.

Yeah, I have the exact same problem. How much was is costing you to get it "fixed"? Sounds like you can't really fix it.

Jaime
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

The pano roof is awesome but riddled with issues.
Thats why they do not make them anymore.

I have the standard sunroof. I ordered mine with the pano but he put the wrong code in. When my car arrived I was like WTF??
Then I said oh well and bought her anyway. Found out it was like a $1200 option anyway....
Zero issues and Im happy with my standard roof. I open it almost everyday.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. There is a Techincal bulletin out on it but you problem has no easy fix. They are a constant headache but they sure look cool!!

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 01:30 PM

My 05 GT had the panoramic roof and I liked it when it was open but hated it when it was closed. Air noise and the rattling drove me crazy and I was worried that it would not hold up well. My 07 has the reg sunroof and I like it much better. It's a lot smaller then the panoramic but it's quite when it's closed.

Mark.

My driver 2007 G6 GT Sedan white with black leather, sunroof. Duel outlet exhaust.
Wife's driver 2015 Equinox 2LT AWD 3.6 V6
My toy 1984 camaro... to much to list.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM

I found this today while searching because I have the same wind noise problems with mine and it's starting to drive me nuts. Thought one of these solutions might work.

http://www.talanthalus.com/cars/sunroof.doc
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Big Daddy G

newbie here

anybody had anything good to say about the panoramic? I have only had the car for a few weeks, but no probs so far. But have not had heavy rain either

Best Regards!!

Geoffro Tull
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 04:22 PM

I don't have the rattling or leaking problems with mine. I actually love the panoramic roof on mine. When it's closed there is some wind noise so I reduce it by keeping the slide roof closed. I also have the radio loud enough that I can't hear it most of the time. When it's nice out and you can have it open though it's a great thing to have. It's actually a lot better than a regular sunroof, but I also am not having the major problems that some are having. The wind niose is just annoying. But, I am going to try some of the trouble shooting things that are listed in that previous post I found.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 11:48 PM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
I looked at one before I bought mine with a regular sunroof. One look at it and a test drive and I instantly rejected buying the car. Did a dealer detailed carfax and it showed 4 service bullitins on the sunroof. I'm happy with my one sheet of glass. No wind noise.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 05:15 AM
Lifetime Member

I have the reg sun roof too. No probs.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in