Cruise Control - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Cruise Control

I feel going into this that this question is as old as time, but I figured I'd ask anyways.
2008 G6. I've had this issue off and on for about 3 years now. All of a sudden my cruise control will just stop working -- I then later find out when it stops working my brake light is on. So, I hit the breaks which disengages the brake light, I re-enable the cruise and the cycle continues.
I've replaced the buttons, shop has replaced the switch, I've greased the heck out of the connector (which solved it for ~1 year) but it is back again.
A quick Google search shows some information about a recall about this exact thing, but my local GM dealer says there are no recalls for my car.
Thoughts? How did you solve this?
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 04:30 PM

There is a recent recall for it. I dont know when you talked to your dealer, but i received recall paper in the mail the other day. no word from GM about when they will be able to fix the problem though.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 12:38 AM

I had the same issue about two years ago. My battery was old at the time and on cold mornings - I live in Canada - was when it happened. I normally had to pull over, turn my car off then back on to reengage the cruise control.
That's a possibility, but with your situation I'd bet good money on it being the recall. I got the notice in early-June, but Transport Canada has had a product recall on that issue for more than three years so it's been a fairly common problem. GM has been sending out letters, but since it's such a large recall you likely won't get the part for another month or three. If you call a dealership or GM, they might be able to help you out since it's been a recurring issue for you.
It sounds like you've also spent money trying to fix it, so if you still have the receipts they should reimburse you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 11:31 AM

Hi there,

We'd be glad to check your VIN for any recalls that may be associated with your vehicle. If you'd like our assistance, please send us a PM here on the site with your VIN.

Thank you,
Andraya
GM Customer Care

Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.gm.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in