Coolant Flushing - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Coolant Flushing

A week ago I noticed that the stuff in my resoviour was looking kind of nasty. Yesterday I started flushing it out over and over. Was pretty simple to do. In the process of filling her back up with coolant I noticed she wasn't taking hardly any. That got me to looking online at these forums and I've noticed someone post about a coolant bleed screw or something like that. Even with them posting a generic diagram showing the screw, I have yet to see where it is in my vehicle.

I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6. Can someone here who has that kind of car, lift up their hood and take a picture and show me where this hide and seeker is. I'm having no luck.

Thank you.

Also I'm asumming this is the right place to post them. Idk tho. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 06:03 AM

Location: Marine Corps Air Station New River, Jacksonville, NC

In the area of the first picture, get a flashlight and look down where i circled in the second picture. That is the screw. It will drain the coolant out of the little hole right below it. if you look under the car in the same area you will see what i mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140617_075056.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	8634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2014-06-17-07-53-06.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	8642  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 11:38 PM

I don't think the 3.5L has a bleeding screw I did my 2008 a couple months ago. What was posted above I think that was the actual coolant drain screw (Can be accessed without ramps/lift if you have very long thin arms (and put a barrier between bare skin and hot hoses).

You need to just go slowly, idle for a while, run at 2000 RPM for a while and make sure it doesn't overheat. How much were you able to get in? Squeeze the radiator hoses and get all that air out.

2008 G6 Dark Gray Metallic SE V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in