3 Recalls! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

3 Recalls!

I have a 2006 G6. In the last three months, I have received letters from GM about 3 different recalls...the gear shift cable, the power steering...and the third is some electrical module or something, I can't recall off the top. In each letter, they said the parts are not yet available. Anyone else have this many recalls awaiting parts??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 11:27 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

The steering and bcm recalls were just announced. Big recalls so it will take time.
The shifter recall is a bit older... I'd expect those parts to be available.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 12:26 AM

I talked with GM Canada on Friday and the customer service representative said GM had ordered in the repair parts, but since it was such a major recall it'll take time. She said people - at least in Canada - can expect a follow-up letter within three months.
I also found a toll free number (1-800-263-3777) on their website for their ignition switch specific recall if you have any questions on it. I'm guessing they set it up since the issues and their hiding of it's faultiness led to multiple deaths.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 10:39 AM
#beardlife

I have 8 recall letters on the side of my fridge because of these issues. I got all 3 of them myself. It's turning in to a farce, GM canada (aka India call center) has even called my house about them saying "they are not in yet..but when they are I will be notified". I now have a big sicker on my car and a couple buddies with cobalt's saying #teamrecalled. They were kinda a topic of conversation at the local GM plant car show...

#TeamRecalled
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 11:44 AM

So what exactly is the power steering issue? and what is the recall for?

Appearance: 8000K HID's
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 AM
#beardlife

It's for the electronic power steering motor. Actually my story with this recall just got more interesting as of last night. I had a my power steering go out on me last night on my way home from work. Luckily or un-luckily how ever the case may be..told me that there is no parts around to fix it yet. The service advisor was actually super helpful and gave me numbers and a email for gm. So I get home car is steering normal again..got power steering but I have a flat spot in it when I turn hard left.

So starts my call with GM Customer service..Who pretty much told me to deal with it.. So basically they told me to just keep driving it even if it looses all steering. I drive 20Kms back and forth to work every day on a 100 + kmph highway (62mph+) and if I loose steering on it...I'm suppose to deal with it.. I'm pretty sure this will be the last GM I ever buy from now on if this is the way they treat their customers.

: end rant :

#TeamRecalled
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 08:30 AM

@imbdj- I got the same story from GM. My PS went out earlier this summer while i was leaving work. Recently i had the cat replaced under warranty but they didn't have the parts for the PS yet. I foresee many lawsuits.

08' G6 Sedan, 2.4L Auto 174,800 miles
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 08:01 AM

I must say I have one of the rarest 2005 G6's out there. It has had some steering "knock" when turning the wheel, but nothing has ever failed. I have never been left stranded because of it, and never had any other issues with anything else either. This car runs great, even though it was part of the first production year.

I did have the front CAT go bad. Rather than spend $800 to replace it, I gutted it myself and used a spark plug defouler to keep the O2 from putting on the CEL light. Spent $4 on that! Will this cause issues when I go to have these 3 recalls fixed? I do not live in a SMOG state, so I think I'll be ok....maybe.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 01:09 PM

Just got a notice in the mail today that Recall 13036 (for the BCM) can be fulfilled now. Still no update on the transmission shift cable recall I previoiusly received. I wish all the parts were available so I could schedule ONE time.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 06:44 AM

Here's an update.... I just got 2 of the 3 recalls taken care of. They did not have the shift cable in stock, so it is on order. There were no problems with the dealer taking care of the issues.

I'll update again if something goes downhill getting the shifter cable replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in