P0757 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

P0757

I have a 2007 G6 GT ( 3.5 ) that just had the CE code. It means shift solenoid stuck on. The car shifts 1/2 fine, but it will not shift above that. The fluid looks good and is not low. The car 161k miles on it. I have only owned it for two years. What are the chances it is actually just a bad solenoid and not a complete transmission failure? Is it worth trying to flush the trans?

I did find this video while researching it. I am fairly certain I can do this myself if needed.

Mike Rizzotti
91 Eagle Talon
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 01:32 AM

Did you see this prior post? There's a few good tips in it.

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/12...0757-code.html

A shop can test the solenoids and if they need to be replaced they're fairly inexpensive. I think they're about $40 to $60 per solenoid, depending on the year of the G6. It sounds like it's just a bad solenoid though since the shifting issues is what generally happens.
I'm not sure, but it might also be something covered under the warranty up to certain mileage. It could be worth a quick phone call to a GM dealer to ask.

2008 Pontiac G6 - 2.4-litre four cylinder engine - 165,000-kilometres
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorich View Post
Did you see this prior post? There's a few good tips in it.

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/12...0757-code.html

A shop can test the solenoids and if they need to be replaced they're fairly inexpensive. I think they're about $40 to $60 per solenoid, depending on the year of the G6. It sounds like it's just a bad solenoid though since the shifting issues is what generally happens.
I'm not sure, but it might also be something covered under the warranty up to certain mileage. It could be worth a quick phone call to a GM dealer to ask.

Thank you. Yes, I did see that thread. It was a few years old so I was hoping for some newer results.

Mike Rizzotti
91 Eagle Talon
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 12:22 PM

I've been having issues with my tranny aswell, a lot of folks said it was just going to be a solenoid, but I'm going to need an entire new tranny, its still on a 50/50 warranty thank god, but I'd advise getting some estimates for a used tranny reinstall, i didn't want to hear it, but it's something these cars are notorious for, the one my service guy is looking at has ~60k km, so I'll followup with a post. I unfortunately didn't have shift codes, i have a torque converter clutch stuck off, to which two reputable shops without being pushy said it's best to replace the tranny, instead of spending hours on labor to be sure, which is why I figured, I'd be ready to bite the bullet if you're not able to find exact solutions to the problem.

Sorry for the long post, not like this forum is that active anyway & good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in