Odd suspension creaking (completely random) - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Odd suspension creaking (completely random)

Guys, my wife's '07 G6 GT convertible has some odd creaking randomly when driving it. I cannot replicate it by pushing on it and nothing is leaking. I tried searching the forum for suggestions but no posts really stood out to me. I was hoping things just needed greased but I did not see any grease points on the car. It has 140k miles on it. What should I be looking at to replace?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
I had bad creaking when stopping and taking off. It was my lower control arm bushings. It's not a cricket squeek is it?

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

no the cricket noise is normally a bearing in a pulley or something... it's just a weird random noise when driving... sometimes it's going over bumps that I see, sometimes it's going over bumps I don't see... All I know is if I push on the car while it's parked, I can't replicate the issue. I haven't put much effort into it yet since it was parked all winter but now that it's starting to warm up (or at least get closer to spring time) I'm going to have to get it fixed soon so I need to do my homework now. I'll try to take the car for a spin tonight and record a video and post it. How can I validate that it's the front lower control arm? I saw some youtube videos talking about trying to pull the wheel back and forth but didn't know if there was an easier way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 08:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Well theres actually a cricket squeek caused by our parking brake cable that'll sound off over every single small bump in the road. See this thread for info. https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/12...ght-bumps.html

as far as the lower control arm, it was so loud that i had someone lay down near the front pass tire with stethascope on the control arm, and all i had to do was let off the brake then press again and it would creak.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

interesting, I'll give that a shot tonight. thanks!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 12:53 PM

Had my front lower control arms replaced at 105,000 miles. When turning sharp at low speeds I had a pop feel in the steering wheel, was the steering column to rack and pin
oin flex joint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in