This is the fill procedure for the 2007 2.4 from AllData
Notice: The procedure below must be followed. Improper coolant level could result in a low or high coolant level condition, causing engine
1. Install the engine block coolant drain plugs.
2. Close the radiator drain plug.
3. Lower the vehicle.
4. Vehicle should be level.
Important: Do not overfill and allow the coolant to cover the surge tank inlet hose port.
5. Slowly add a mixture of 50/50 DEX-COOL(R) antifreeze and clean drinkable water until the level stabilizes approximately 2 in (50.8 mm) above
the weld seam on the surge tank. Refer to Approximate Fluid Capacities .
6. Start the engine. The coolant level in the surge tank will drop.
7. Continue filling the surge tank as necessary to maintain the level at the cold fill mark.
8. When the coolant in the upper radiator hose feels warm, install the surge tank cap.
Important: DO NOT exceed 2,200 RPM.
9. Continue to run the engine at 2,000 RPM until the engine cooling fans turn ON.
10. Let the engine idle for 30 seconds.
Important: Coolant should be at the full cold mark when the system cools.
11. Turn the engine OFF and allow the engine to cool down.
12. Adjust the coolant level.
13. Inspect the concentration of the engine coolant using J 26568
14. Rinse away any excess coolant from the engine and the engine compartment