Help with Mass Air Flow Sensor - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Help with Mass Air Flow Sensor

Hello, I'm new to the forum, my name is Jeramie. My wife's car seems to be bogging down and jerks sometimes when she takes off. I've had this issue in the past with my Blazer. I cleaned the Mass Air Flow Sensor with MAF Cleaner and it cured the problem. So, I figured I'd give it a shot on my wife's G6. The problem is, the MAF Sensor is totally different from any other that I've seen. It's a 2007 4-cylinder. From looking up some things online, I've found that the type of MAF Sensor they use on the 4 bangers is a different type than the ones I'm used to seeing that they put on the 6-cylinder models. This one is like a flat catridge that slides out of the intake, and it seems to be completely housed to where I can't even see anything to it. It's not like the normal round housing with the tiny wire sensors that you can spray cleaner on!

My question is, how do I clean this type of MAF Sensor?? I'm not sure if I can just spray up inside of it with MAF Cleaner or what!

Thanks for any responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Here are pics of what the MAF Sensor looks like.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 08:46 AM

I have the same question. The video by Scotty, and others on Youtube, show a completely different type of MAF sensor. And i see a lot of MAF sensor posts but none that explain how to clean this type of MAF sensor for the 2.4L. Do i just spray the outside of it??? Thanks in advance

08' G6 Sedan, 2.4L Auto 174,800 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 10:04 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Wow old thread!
This maf is held in with two screws. Simply unplug it. Remove the two small screws and it will slide straight out of the intake tubing.
You can then spray it down and let it dry and it'll slide right back in.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 07:58 AM

MAF sensor change on 2006 Pontiac G6 3.5l

Hey. Im Brian. Im looking into cleaning my wife's MAF sensor on her 2006 Pontiac G6 3.5L. She told me when she starts it up, it shakes a little and then turns off. She tries it again and presses the gas and it starts up. It drives for a while and it might start to shake a little during idle. A check engine light came on and it was P0101. Changing the MAF sensor is completely different on the 4 cylinder. How do you clean the MAF sensor on a 3.5L? Is there a link to watch?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 07:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
for the 3.5 it should look something like this. just get a can of cleaner and spray the two small wires inside the housing.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > General Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in