Cleaning interior - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Cleaning interior

Hi! This is my first post on here but I've been searching on the internet and haven't found much.

First of all, how should I go about cleaning my window switches? I guess in the last few years 3 out of the 4 switches on my drivers side have gotten nasty and now they sometimes stick. But I can't see any stickiness or anything so it's gotta be pretty deep in there.

Also, what do yall use to clean the interior? A little rain got in my sunroof once when it was cracked and sat on top of the shade. Then a couple days later it mustve eventually soaked through because now I have stains around the edges and the handle of the sunroof shade. Looks dirty and gross.

I've never taken my car to get professionally detailed but are these things that they do??

Thank you!
Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 09:23 PM

A professional detailer should be able to take care of that for you, but you could easily do it yourself and save money. Just go to a local Autoparts store, preferably AAP and they should be able to refer you to some good cleaning products! Shouldn't be more than $25 to get a wide range of decent cleaning chemicals.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 PM

A professional cleaner will be able to help you out with that. I have a 1 year old and tan interior, you could only imagine the gunk and stains my car gets in the weirdest places. Took it to the cleaner because some of the stains were deep in the cloth. Now she looks brand new. They dyed the interior because some of the stains that I couldn't get out(kool aid) they couldn't get out 100% either, which may be the case for the water stains on your shade.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.com App

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 AM

I professionally detail cars full time and can assure you it would not be a problem at all for a professional to get your car looking brand new. Its true that you can do some things at home by yourself, but a pro can give it the deep cleaning it needs. The detailer will probably use some all purpose interior cleaner and an air gun to get all the gunk out of your window switches and an extractor to get the stains out. Its worth it to pay someone to give it a real good clean then maintain it by yourself at home.

2006 G6 GTP Coupe
6 speed manual, white

Mods:
Black eyelids, 10000k HID kit, aftermarket 18" rims, tinted tail lights, Cold Air Intake, custom straight piped exhaust from the resonator back, partial debadge, black arrowhead overlays, 20% front window tints, 5% rear window tints and tint bar, 12" Pioneer sub in sealed box, 1000 watt amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Automotive Cleaning and Detailing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in