Polishing question - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Polishing question

I have a 2006 G6 GTP - everything is stock.

G6 Wheels

G6 exhaust

My question is what finish are the wheels? (18" 5 spoke) - alloy wheels? Will polishing them bring out a shine?

The muffler tips - those are aluminum right? Polishing those will brighten them, correct?

I ask this because I just got the Meguiar's DynaCone and want to make use of it ASAP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 04:52 PM

They are easily polished, the exhaust tips will probably take a little more with the heat, good luck, I went the other way.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1356479561.384625.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	3674

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Perfessor

Garage
If the tips are chrome, Neverdull works good at cleaning them, then a bit of wax afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 06:58 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkross123 View Post
Pontiac G6's momentum continues into its second year wth a greatly expanded lineup. Two new body styles, including a sleek coupe and innovative hardtop convertible, are complemented by a new base four-cylinder sedan and GTP performance models of the sedan, coupe and convertible.

http://buildmusclewithkyleleon.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/workout-technique-for-legs/
You know it's 2014 right? 4 years AFTER Pontiac stopped production?

Also your link is spam. So stop wasting our time.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 11:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to TheOracle Send a message via Yahoo to TheOracle Send a message via Skype™ to TheOracle
I concur with the Perfessor. Never Dull is inexpensive & works well on chrome. Just a touch of wax should maintain the shine until the road deposits make it necessary to clean/polish it again. I detail cars for a living. I can also entertain detailing questions at no charge. The majority of my products are Meguiar's but, am experimenting with new products all the time. Did you like the DynaCone?

~ The Oracle
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
I concur with the Perfessor. Never Dull is inexpensive & works well on chrome. Just a touch of wax should maintain the shine until the road deposits make it necessary to clean/polish it again. I detail cars for a living. I can also entertain detailing questions at no charge. The majority of my products are Meguiar's but, am experimenting with new products all the time. Did you like the DynaCone?
Oracle, what do you use to CLEAN then CONDITION a black leather steering wheel??

I know you have to be careful with color fading.

Thanks!

Strange when a guy starts a thread and he never responds back to it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 11:24 AM

i use turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover, best stuff ive ever used...for the exhaust tips
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 11:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to TheOracle Send a message via Yahoo to TheOracle Send a message via Skype™ to TheOracle
Thumbs up CLEAN then CONDITION a black leather steering wheel...

Quote:
Posted by: G6GTConvertable
On: 08-01-2014 09:38 AM

Oracle, what do you use to CLEAN then CONDITION a black leather steering wheel??
I know you have to be careful with color fading.
Thanks!
Personally, I don't favor using Armour-All on ANYTHING. The shiny residue left behind not only bakes in the sun but, also leaves the surface slick (not good to have a steering wheel you cannot hold onto).

I use a product by Lexol called Vinylex. It cleans AND conditions in one application. It doesn't leave a greasy, slick residue & the sun doesn't bake it into the surface it is used on. I have had amazing results on vinyl tops & tires alike. With proper usage, it lasts for weeks before another application may be needed. Great product & it doesn't co$t a fortune.

Good question.

~ The Oracle
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireguy View Post
i use turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover, best stuff ive ever used...for the exhaust tips
I use it too, works well.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Personally, I don't favor using Armour-All on ANYTHING. The shiny residue left behind not only bakes in the sun but, also leaves the surface slick (not good to have a steering wheel you cannot hold onto).

I use a product by Lexol called Vinylex. It cleans AND conditions in one application. It doesn't leave a greasy, slick residue & the sun doesn't bake it into the surface it is used on. I have had amazing results on vinyl tops & tires alike. With proper usage, it lasts for weeks before another application may be needed. Great product & it doesn't co$t a fortune.

Good question.
Well, I wouldn't use Armor All on it, Armor All is for rubber and vinyl not leather and it's water based so it shouldn't be used on leather.

If you like the LEXOL products, I'm curious as to why you're using the vinyl cleaner and conditioner on leather, when LEXOL has a leather cleaning and a leather conditioning product?? (looked it up online)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Last edited by G6GTConvertable; 08-02-2014 at 02:24 AM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 11:19 AM

Cool

I see you have a convertible, therefore the sun's rays are your leather's worst enemy. All I can say is, don't knock it until you try it. I detail cars & I know what works for both me & my clientele.

~ The Oracle
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I see you have a convertible, therefore the sun's rays are your leather's worst enemy. All I can say is, don't knock it until you try it. I detail cars & I know what works for both me & my clientele.
I have cloth seats, just leather steering wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Automotive Cleaning and Detailing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in