Cleaning The annoying tray above the middle tail light?! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Angry Cleaning The annoying tray above the middle tail light?!

I am finally cleaning my car for the first time this spring and i cleaned the entire thing inside and out... anyways.. so this winter a couple of friends smoked in my car.. yuck! but i noticed while cleaning my car that the tray that holds in the middle tail light has little bits of ash in it.. well i cant reach it to clean it out because it is blocked in by the rear window.. is there any way i can get to this to clean it!? can i get to it by going through the trunk?
never letting anyone do this again.. please help! thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 11:08 PM

Don't let them smoke in your car. Burn marks in your seats and floors is the next thing you will find.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

uh yea... i got that part covered.. see above.. never again..
i was asking how do you clean that... thankyou..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:01 AM
RAM AIR!!

Send a message via AIM to coupe_gtp
i am guessing your talking about the the third brake light and that you have a coupe. If i am guessing right than the answer is simply no unless you want to tear your whole car apart literally lol. There are about 6 or 7 steps that you have to do before you can try and get to the third brake light,
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

yes im sorry it is the 3rd brake light and yes it is a coupe.. i guess ill just have to figure something out.. boo
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 04:38 PM

Hyperk212 did you ever find a way to get it out and clean it? My 2008 G6 Coupe spent 6 weeks in the body shop while I was getting some rear-end damaged fixed (6 weeks due to problems getting parts) and while they had it a decent sized light colored moth decided to die in the 3rd brake light housing and it is VERY noticeable. I would like to get it out ASAP but can't seem to find a quick way to do it without taking out every bolt or clip I can see. Thanks!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM

Another old thread. Man, people are digging up the dead around here.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Automotive Cleaning and Detailing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in