Horribly Easily Stained Seat Cloth...HELP!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Horribly Easily Stained Seat Cloth...HELP!!!

Hey guys,

I have a black G6 GT, with black and tan interior. The seats seam to get stained with so much as a drop of water. Had the car several months now and the seats look like [email protected]#$

I'm after 1 of 2 things here:

1. A good way to clean the fabric to get out these stains
2. A good seat cover that will fit these seats and not have a bunch of loose fabric that you constantly have to retighten...as in no $30 hawaian seat covers from Shucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Lifetime Member

I would have a shop do it. They may also be able to put a protecting sealer on the seat afterwards. It’s not a cheap fix but I think it will save your sanity in the long run.

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 AM

I agree, have a shop deep clean the seats, and then have a fabric protectant applied to keep it looking good.

Check out my 2005 Fusion Orange Metallic G6 GT at CarDomain.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to G6/CHRIS
The shop would b easier but if u dont wanna spend the money and dont mind the work, try the ice interior cleaner. U have 2 work it some but i gets alot of stains out and is a protectant. Plus u can use it on pretty much all the interior of ur car. Its like 10 bucks at walmart.... Ive used it and was satisfied
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Lifetime Member

Good infor for me too!

Mike
MODS;
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 05:49 PM

Haha ur welcome....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6/CHRIS View Post
Haha ur welcome....
Are you going to submit your car for the G6 of the month?

Mike
MODS;
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 08:14 PM

Umm... maybe when i get the mods i want on it. Im gonna do some air brushin on it one day and hope that somebody throws an ecu program or somethin out there 4 performance.... All ive done so far is take the bellow off of the stock air intake so the car breathes better and gets better throttle response. But i think i will enter when i get more done....
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Atkins View Post
Hey guys,

I have a black G6 GT, with black and tan interior. The seats seam to get stained with so much as a drop of water. Had the car several months now and the seats look like [email protected]#$

I'm after 1 of 2 things here:

1. A good way to clean the fabric to get out these stains
2. A good seat cover that will fit these seats and not have a bunch of loose fabric that you constantly have to retighten...as in no $30 hawaian seat covers from Shucks.
I don't have those seats, but my mom has seats with those materials and those colors. If you ever clean them yourself, it is best to clean the entire seat. with that material, cleaning one spot only spreads the dirt/stain outward. You have to clean ever single piece to the sides... to the plastic, whatever the edge is. It will take a lot of scrubbing. I think I used something like Tuff Stuff... however, I don't know if it was that. It was near that and it's a bottle that came with a yellow scrubber on the top. (I was driving my mom's pontiac sv6 montana and a coke tipped over during a turn so I had to clean her seats before returning it). I know what material you're talking about, though... it's also in the Pontiac Torrent. While the seat looked a lot better after I cleaned it, problems still arise like you said... without spills or anything.

The most crucial part is going to the very edges of the material, or I promise, there will be lines/spots afterwards. If you had them cleaned, may I ask how much it cost?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 10:38 PM

I work in auto plants where they do dry cutting. The metal powder just sticks to your clothes so naturally it will stick to the seats. Whenever I clean my vehicles, I learned a while back that a mixture of 50% water and 50% Murphys Oil Soap works wonders for taking out nasty stains. Try it and you will be amazed.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Turner View Post
I work in auto plants where they do dry cutting. The metal powder just sticks to your clothes so naturally it will stick to the seats. Whenever I clean my vehicles, I learned a while back that a mixture of 50% water and 50% Murphys Oil Soap works wonders for taking out nasty stains. Try it and you will be amazed.
Murphy's Oil Soap on cloth seats??? Or leather??? I am having the same issue with the tan cloth seats, they stain sooooooo easily!!!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Definitely CLOTH as you should only use a legitimate leather cleaner for the leather. And I agree that water can stain cloth seats--Ford or GM! It's unreal in my experience which is why I insisted on leather when I bought my G6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Automotive Cleaning and Detailing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in