im kinda of a trader for wax - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
[IMG]http://i728.photobuc

im kinda of a trader for wax

I guess megiures nxt2.0 wax is good. the car really sparkled intill the first wash a week later. Ive tried them all and thats about what you get out of them all which is ok becuse my second choice when it comes to spray detailer is not meiguires its turtle wax ice. ( see im a trader sorry meigures) turtle wax ice brings right back that sparkle i had when the day i first hand wax it with meigures. 20 minutes to do the whole car throw on the tire shine (turtle wax ice also has a brush on tire spray that with two coats as you see in my photo gallery picture looks awesome) and the car looks like i spent a whole day doing a three step wax process. sorry meigiures you just cant make it without the ice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Nothing Shines Like Mothers! Lol
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Lifetime Member

I had the NXT spay wax (not the quick detailer) and for some reason I can't find it any more. I love that stuff!!

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
G6R

I feel that same way! Turtle Ice is the best for my G6.

2006 G6 GTP
K&N CIA, Rockford Fosgate speakers.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

i have tried mothers it also is a fine line of wax
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

i used tire wet in a silver aerosol can it stayed wet for about 20 minutes then dryed to a natural rubber finish. I want a soaking wet look tire! that makes the car look hot. Ill keep trying others till i get what im looking for
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil1 View Post
i used tire wet in a silver aerosol can it stayed wet for about 20 minutes then dryed to a natural rubber finish. I want a soaking wet look tire! that makes the car look hot. Ill keep trying others till i get what im looking for
The BRA looks good on the 6, do you have any other pics with the bra?

Mike
MODS;
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Kearnel
Turtle Wax makes a good one for tires but the damn stuff sprays up the side of ur car when u go fer a cruise unless u wipe it down first but that just takes the shine away, damned if u do and damned if u dont.

Stolen after 13 years.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

I could not agree with you more but this stuff is called turtle wax ice tire wet with a brush applicator. One thing i do with this stuff is I brush it on first before i wipe down my car with ice. that gives the stuff a chance to set into the tires. always give anything you use a good 30 to 45 minutes before you take off. again it is called turtle wax ice tire wet it is brand new it comes with a brush you brush it on ( i do two coats) and 30 minutes later i take off I have absolutely no spin off give it a try. ( they sell it at autozone)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 01:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Kearnel
An aplicator u say, so no more spray all over my car on a windy day I'll have to get me some for sure.

Stolen after 13 years.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Love my commute!

For the longest lasting product you'll need to go with a synthetic paint sealant. Carnauba based waxes make the car pretty...but they just don't last like a synthetic can. Now as long as you find a carnauba wax with no cleaners in it (so that it doesn't strip your sealant) you can top a synthetic paint sealant with a carnauba wax.

Types of paint sealants are; The Klasse two-step system (All In One followed by Sealant Glaze), Poli-Seal and Opti-Seal, etc.

Remember...ensure that whatever your last product is...if you're topping another product you cannot use anything with detergents or cleaners in it or you're destroying all of your hard work.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 06:28 AM
DLK

Old Timer

I have been waxing and polishing vehicles for 46 years (yes I am old) tried a lot of them out there. I am now sold on Zainos products - http://www.zainostore.com/

The Z-2 and Z-5 are the best ones I use. Rotate them every 3 months.

The dealer where I bought by 2004 Grand Am (black) and 2008 G6 even asked me what I use on them because their detail shop can't get a shine like I have.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowal4 View Post
I have been waxing and polishing vehicles for 46 years (yes I am old) tried a lot of them out there. I am now sold on Zainos products - http://www.zainostore.com/

The dealer where I bought by 2004 Grand Am (black) and 2008 G6 even asked me what I use on them because their detail shop can't get a shine like I have.
Do you still have the GA? If so would you post a pic of it.

Mike
MODS;
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Love my commute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowal4 View Post

I'm not really certain dealership "detail" shops are a good judge. I caught the guy that washed my car scrubbing the hell out of my car with a cotton bath towel. I nearly cried.

There are a lot of people that swear by Zaino. In my experience (professional detailing for around a decade and personally since I was 10 years old helping my grandfather on his Oldsmobile 442) there are many products superior to Zaino at a fraction of the cost. A last step product is only as good as the prep time put into the rest of the detail. If you start with crap...you just have waxy crap in the end.

Last edited by w3ap0n-x; 04-22-2009 at 10:35 PM.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 01:25 PM

The Turtle ICE products are seeming to win me over, not even 2 hours and have nice car out/inside. And no real effort, or dry white marks from other products.

==========================
2006 Pontiac G6 GT 2DR Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > Automotive Cleaning and Detailing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in