Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Glass Cleaner

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  reginaalear 
#1 ·
What's the best Glass cleaner to use? I always end up with streaks and it makes it hard to see anything. Is it best to use paper towels, microfiber, or something else? I'm having a hard time keeping my new car clean. It's black and I've had to wash it three times. Everytime it ends up with water spots. I'm open to any suggestions for cleaning the rest of the car as well as the glass. Thanks so much!

#2 ·
Glass!!!:eek:
When the car is dry I use windex (with the windows closed if you have tint), once the window is wiped down and (again) dry I use a dry cloth over the glass again to remove streaks.
I like to use RainX on the glass but I find it causes water spots if you let it sit in the sun with the spots (I can't be there ever time it rains at work). When the water spots develope to the point where washing it doesn't help I use "Glass Scrub". This is a once a year thing so, its not too bad.:beer:
For me waxing the car is a relaxing afternoon with cold beers.

#3 ·
When I was young I got the windows tinted and this guy recommended this 'Invisible glass' by Stoner because it was safe on the tint (no ammonia or something) and I have just stuck with it for the inside. Using it on the outside is 'okay' but I've started to notice on my windshield the water smears more than wipes off.
Long story short, Invisible glass inside, rain X outside.

I use the soft blue shop towels myself, like 2 bucks a roll.

#4 ·
Thanks! I'm going to go look for some invisible glass. I've learned so much from this forum already. You all are so helpful and just want you all to know I appreciate it! :D

#7 ·
Thanks! I'll be going today to look for both the inside and the outside Invisible glass. I noticed on their site it said they have the spray can, the one with the trigger, and the wipes which one is best or does it matter?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.