Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2007 G6 Parking Light Wiring??

6K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  CruisinG6 
#1 ·
So I'm modding my headlights; putting in some LEDs and Oracle CCFL Halos.

I want to wire them so they're on when the parking lights are on.

Looking at the parking light wiring on the headlight, I'm getting confused :confused:

The small bulb behind the triangular-shaped orange reflector on the side has 3 wires coming out of it; how do I know which of the 2 to tap into to get constant (not blinking on & off) power to the LEDs and Halos?

I've looked at some wiring diagrams, but they seem to have different color wires than what I have.

If someone could explain which 2 of the 3 wires I should tap into, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
According to the diagram I pulled it's a brown wire that goes all the way from the parking light relay to the lights themselves. Black being the ground.
What colors do you have at the socket?
Do you have a meter or a test light?

That third wire is probably the one that daisy chains the light to the other park/signal bulb. Try looking at the harness before it gets connected to the light itself too. Maybe it's brown there but changes at the plug just before the light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.