HP Tuners VCM worth buying? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

HP Tuners VCM worth buying?

Read up a bit on Hp tuners vehicle control module and was wondering if anyone has used one on there G6 for tuning. From what I read it sounds like a good tuning scource and may be able to help me in my goal of turbocharging and tuning my 3.9 GTP. I know thats a shot in the dark since no one has succesfully turbocharged the v6's yet due to tuning issues. Just asking if this could possibly be a cure? My goal is only 300-350hp and thats doing including all the internals and that good stuff. i have heard these fuel systems are returnless?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:12 PM

Visited their forums and you will seen a few G6 owners. The only G6 that has tuning issues with off the shelf solutions is the 3.5 LX9. Good luck!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Really? from what ive searched on here all of the V6's have issues tunning there engines to forced induction. Dr.Speed had a 3.9 turbo'ed but had to remove it because he was unable to tune it. or am i mistaken and he has a 3.5L?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 PM

I believe that is before HP tuners supported those year models. Also the problem with the G6 is that GM just did not intended this car to be mod friendly, this results in no room to play with in the engine bay unless you move stuff around (ex. Battery to trunk). From what I have seen on my '05 G6 with the smallest V6 engine, the best bet would a Vortech V-9 Series Supercharger, the one that spins backwards so it can be attached straight to the drive belt.

Anyway good luck, the only the only reason there is no G6 with forced induction out there is because I can't tune my PCM, but I'm working on that
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
If you have a 3.5L LX9, it is better off if you just find another car. Tuning is hell. All the other engines don't have as much trouble. Most people just say to spend that money on a better car like GTO instead of a turbo.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

I have the 3.9L LZ9. So I could buy a HPtuners VCM and add a Vortec supercharger and be able to tune it ? I hear the only injector upgrade is from a GM truck also... any truth to that? and as for internals im geussing there is little support on that other then pistons? Im looking into all possible routes to force feed my GTP. so dumb they stopped supercharging the GTP its like it doesnt deserve the badge... only thing GTP has done for me is GREAT THEFT PROTECTION lol
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
For all those mods, you could just get a GTO. I wouldn't recommend tuning the car yourself.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

If i wanted a GTO i would have got one instead of the G6. it snows alot here in the winter so i need FWD. and i wont be tunning it. i have a shop just 12 miles from me that has a dyno. I plan on them tuning it for me I just thought the PCM had been un tunable since DR.Speed took all of his turbo stuff off due to no tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in