Turbos? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Turbos?

I've been looking at Turbos On E-Bay...Ive pretty much modded out my car visually to where i want it to be. Now im moving over to the performance end...even though its an automatic im looking for a little more 'get up and go' out of my Mistress As i was saying i seen some on ebay for like 250-400 dollars. Some are called Typhoon some Godsped. Can anyone tell me if this would be a good mod to get for my car? Also im not really sure what to look for when looking at turbos. What stats should i look at? some say things like PSI and AR wat do those things mean? also like 'max horsepower' meaning like....they only work up to 400hp or they can give u up to 400hp? Any help is appreciated.

Also...wat are some other performance mods i can buy to make her faster, and how much faster? Im open to any suggestions. I just dont wanna spend a lot on performance. nothing over like 400ish. THANKS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Da.v3

Uh...sounds like you should not be looking into turbo by the sounds of it.

For one....its not just buy a cheap ass 400$ turbo and plug it in...theres A LOT MORE to it than that....do some research..

It will take 5k+ to get a turbo going if you dont do the work yourself...reliably i mean.

Someone, some day...may get a turbo pushing a small amount of psi...but for the small gain you will get off that...whats the point?...i would want 350+ hp....and then your going to run into issues with other things failing under that kind of power on a car thats 240 stock....tranny and so on.

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

yea thats a good point...so i should jus stick with crabs n leave it at that then? lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Da.v3

haha pretty much.

dont get me wrong, id LOVE to have sc/ turbo...push near 400 hp....delicious idea...

as simple as forced induction sounds...VERY complex with a modern car. will require you to beef up other internals, tuning, then god forbid something goes wrong....back to the shop...warranty wont cover that shit...getting into turbo or w.e....after market is quite a step.

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
WAMS tune, intake, exhaust are the main performance mods. The 3.6L has headers and a few other tweaks, but basically going outside those 3 is risky and not worth the time and effort.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

thanks abyssul. What exactly is the WAMS tune...ive seen a little bit about it but wat is it, wat kinda gains should i expect and how much is it?

@Dav3 thanks alot for the tips bro i appreciate it. i never thought about all the shit that could go wrong with adding speed to the car. its built to go as fast as it does if it goes alot faster id imagine shit will start to break. lol....so i guess ill stick with crabs and possibly a WAMS tune...

Thanks guys.

Last edited by AlexCasares; 06-13-2011 at 10:39 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Stick with CRABs and they'll stick with you

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
WAMS tune modifys the cars computer PCM so that the car is more optimized for performance. Any more questions can be address by the search function.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in