Review: Airraid Throttle Body Spacer - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Addicted!

Review: Airraid Throttle Body Spacer

I bought the spacer for $130 and it has a sweet whistle to it and has definite increases in low end torque and high rpm hp! Im impressed with the product.

**will post video while driving soon**

08 GXP COUPE, Dual Bluetooth/IPOD Stereo, Black Spyder Halo Headlights w/ 10K HID's, Muffler Removal w/ Straight Y Pipe, CRABS Intake Option 3 With FPU, Black Badge Overlays, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline MMI's, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Custom Ram Air Through Lower Grille,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Well some company just profited from you... You should read up from other people who have tried out these lame products before buying.

Get some dyno or 1/4th mile track runs for some proof, but I can't see this as being any benefit. Sorry to knock it, but if I google throttle body spacer and 20 threads come up about how useless they are (up there with the Jet module), then I will rather side with them.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Im not sold on them but let us know how it goes.

Turbulent air causes fuel to mix better?
Why is it racecars port and polish their intakes
to reduce the turbulence? hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Seems pricey for a spacer. Kinda looks cool though.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 PM

Actually turbulant air does create a better a/f mix which in turns creates power....the port and polish increases the velocity which in turn allows more air to be pulled in.

Now the trick here is exactly where and how you want the turbulance. There are some old tricks (dotting the CC, swirling the CC, etc) but you actually want a smooth flow up to the runners.

OK-I'm done
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Addicted!

I feel it deff did something, huge gains? Not too much but its noticeable. and for it to be noticeable it has to be at least a 5hp gain i figure, you can really feel it once you hit 80 it speeds up alot quicker at high speed and for low end it picks up a little quicker, i think its worth the mod tho since there really isnt much out there i would give it a 4/5. Plus it looks nice :P

08 GXP COUPE, Dual Bluetooth/IPOD Stereo, Black Spyder Halo Headlights w/ 10K HID's, Muffler Removal w/ Straight Y Pipe, CRABS Intake Option 3 With FPU, Black Badge Overlays, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline MMI's, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Custom Ram Air Through Lower Grille,
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Midnight Blue GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1209 View Post
I feel it deff did something, huge gains? Not too much but its noticeable. and for it to be noticeable it has to be at least a 5hp gain i figure, you can really feel it once you hit 80 it speeds up alot quicker at high speed and for low end it picks up a little quicker, i think its worth the mod tho since there really isnt much out there i would give it a 4/5. Plus it looks nice :P
I think I might have to give this a try...is it returnable lol

Exterior Mods: 35% tint on the front windows, 20% on the back, Intake Resonator Removed, DDM Tuning 8k HID's in High-low-fogs, RED calipers, Painted Steelies, Blacked out taillights, DE BADGED, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Interior Mods: Blue Dome and Map lights.

Audio/ Electrical Mods: Clarion CZ501, Clarion EQ/XOver, Rockford Fosgate 0/1 gauge amp kit, "fully Loaded" 12" FI BL in a custom slot ported box, Python 533 alarm system w/ remote start.

Performance mods : Racingline Grounding kit, Racingline Strut Bar, Racingline MMI, ECM/TCM tune.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Addicted!

Yeah lol it is.

Video of in car 35-105

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Addicted!

0-75 in car

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Get us some 0-60 and 1/4th mile times with a OBD-II logger. Message me if you are interested and have a laptop.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Addicted!

No laptop but i can borrow one you have an obd?

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 03:15 PM

Thats a quick 6!

Hammerhead Spoiler, CRAB intake, Resonator delete, Custom Magnaflow exhaust set up, Racing line front mount strut bar, Racingline MMI's, Red streetglow neon, WMAS 91 tune, 6000k HID's High's and Lows, Black and red outlined floor matts!
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Glad someone finally got this to give it a shot! I remember the old thread where we explained in detail how it functioned and linked multiple locations where there WAS benefit ( minimal, but benefit is benefit ) - but - there will always be nay-sayers

I might have to invest in this next myself~!

David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Da.v3

Sure would love to see a before and after dyno.

As it sits : 1 person on forums bought the product and has positive views ( obviously, go optimism )

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Addicted!

Im actually suprised no one else ever bought it lol, but i was like hell theres nothing else for that price! And it works pretty dang good lol

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Welp, I've been these threads on both sites - actually more curious about the sound difference than any performances gains.

Anyway, just did a little further investigation and before most of us on either side of the debate gets too worked up, apparently the only G6 application available is the 3.6

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in