Ive decided on the CAI now just 1 more thing - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Ive decided on the CAI now just 1 more thing

hey guys ive decided on getting the CRAB intake but i was wondering what is this FPU thing is do i buy this as like a 4th package or is it a add-on to the 3rd package? Also what does it do and i dont have a Ram Air hood but im planning on getting one in the future... since this is a "Cool Ram Air Box" should i not get it since i do not have a ram air hood?
PS what is this tiger crab low ram air intake? lol should i do this would it make the filter more efficient?
thanks in advance for your guys help im kind of a noob at this kind of stuff =/
-Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 11:18 PM

I can answer the first two, the FPU is an add on to option 3, it is to replace your stock pipe. Yes, you can get it without the Ram air hood, I run it with my stock hood, and you can also add the hood later if you want to. As for the tiger crab... I'm not sure. I'm sure one of the guys knows.

Performance
CRABS o3, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, WAMS Performance tune, Racingline STB

Exterior
Platinum Apex Rims (18x8), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles (Chrome)

Audio
2 12" Memphis Subs (15-MCP12S4)
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

upgrade to the post

ok as i said on my last post im planning on getting that dragon filter as my air filter and option 3 seems like its just the couplers and the filter so option 3 kinda seems pointless to buy... so can i just buy the FPU and not get option 3 since im getting a dif filter and the FPU come with couplers and then buy any other xtra parts needed for the installation at auto zone? it would be cheaper than paying $175+ on a air filter that i wont use and xtra couplers since the FPU comes with couplers haha

Last edited by g6 v6; 01-28-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 12:17 PM

Option three also come with the heat shield, which is a must. You can get the fpu without getting option three.. If you don't want the filter, get Option 1 or 2. then you will get the shield and the couplers. No extra parts needed. As for the FPU coming with all the couplers. From what I understand, it only comes with the coupler that connects the FPU to the MAF sensor, and to the engine (not directly, but you get what I'm saying). You'll still need the couplers to connect the MAF to the filter.

Performance

Exterior
Platinum Apex Rims (18x8), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles (Chrome)

Audio
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

hmm alright that makes sense. so based on wat ive said wat would ur suggestion be on wat to buy? and how much do u think installation would be if i got it prof installed? also i have an advanced auto parts and autozone like 5 or 10min away from my house so i can buy certain parts if needed =D
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Stay away from Crabs......They itch!

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

LOL the famous quote xD i can see that you have them installed why not help me out here T.T id like to buy them asap lol
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6 v6 View Post
hmm alright that makes sense. so based on wat ive said wat would ur suggestion be on wat to buy? and how much do u think installation would be if i got it prof installed? also i have an advanced auto parts and autozone like 5 or 10min away from my house so i can buy certain parts if needed =D
I think for you, it would be wise to get option 2 (the one with out the filter because you're getting a different one) and the FPU. Also, it is very straight forward on how to install, all you really need are some wrenches, screwdriver, and elbow grease and you'll have it installed in no time. (Remember, this is all my opinion, take it as that, it is your car, and ultimately, your choice)

Performance

Exterior

Audio
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

is it really worth it?

considering that i have a v6 and not a gt are the gains really worth the amount of money im goin to put into it($300) haha i mean $300 is a pretty decent amount of money
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 05:29 PM

To me, it was 100% worth it. I havent seen anyone that disliked their CRABs...

Performance

Exterior

Audio
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

ok what else

ok thank you so much for your help! So what other things can i do to my car that will make it "faster" nothing like aturbo or supercharger as i would like to keep my transmission form breaking lol and nothing that will break the bank either
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 AM

Garage
exhaust and tune are the only 2 other ways to hypothetically raise HP...everything else is gunna be purely cosmetic

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

WAMs

ive kinda been looking at this WAMs thing is it worth getting? it isnt that much price wise but what is this xtra cost thing it says spare PCM outright what does that mean? lol and also what fuel type should i pick and what about the BCM what would i delete that would improve my car?

WAMs LINK- http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...mart&Itemid=54
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Garage
i believe the spare PCM would you be buying a new one straight out and not waiting for your current one to be sent in, programmed, and sent back.

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverttheclown View Post
i believe the spare PCM would you be buying a new one straight out and not waiting for your current one to be sent in, programmed, and sent back.
It will either be a new one, or a gently used one. When I read the "terms of use" before buying mine. It said he is switching over to gently used ones, with under 10,000 miles on them. (I don't know what that is, but it doesn't make a huge difference whether it is gently used, or my more used PCM)

Performance

Exterior

Audio
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in