Any help? please! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Any help? please!

Okay, so here's the deal...I have an issue with my transmission and would like some advice or history, ANY help is appreciated.

Car: 2006, G6. 2.4. automatic. !02k miles.
Transmission: Size: MN5, Ratio:3.91. other codes (FX2) (BCT 6EWJ)

Bought the car 8 months ago, and right off the lot taking it to get gas it was shifting hard between gears. (gas light was on) stopped and filled up..Problem stopped (I assumed it picked up a drug from being so low on gas). 4 months down the road one day with a half a tank of gas I pull out and have to get on the gas because a fellow driver was exceeding the speed limit Started shifting hard between gear. Every time I would shut the car off it would stop. Buddy at the dealership said it was more than likely a shift solenoid going bad, said it would just shift harder and not stop the worse it got. So I was not worried. Well, last week I was heading home from work and the car was not acting up in the least bit. Stopped at a red light and when I went to go (light turned green) the engine just rev'ed up. Now only reverse works. neutral will engage and the car will roll, and it will go into drive,2nd, and low, but just rev up. Sorry for the long post, I did not want to leave anything out.
I have heard some news on a TSB for the wiring harness for the transmission. Something about a wire being ran through a metal clip and grounding out? But please, would love for it to be something easier as a new tranny is priced at 2 gran thru dealer, and cheapest I can find in my area is 1500 low miles.

PLEASE assist me!!

Oh, 2 weeks prior to the tranny problem, girlfriend busted oil pan, it was replaced and blah blah, so could any oil had shot up and shorted something? such as a sensor. thank you all in advance for your help. Have a great day and God bless you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 AM

my issue with that problem was an intake cam sensor. location is top of the valve cover left side front sensor of the two sensors by cam timing gears. unplug wire, should be a gray top to the sensor. its about 75 bucks try to replace that. should fix the problem. with the period of length it may have occured it may have taken out the tranny like it did on mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in