My project - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

My project

So I just wanted to see what you guys think ill be getting power wise out of my 3.9 with the upgrades I plan to do.
-CAI (done)
- Straight pipe exhaust (done)with slp resonator on the way to get rid of the pops (not done)
- Wams tune
- 8mm wiring kit
- grounding kit
- strut tower bar

I plan on dragging the car so I'm not worried about turning

Also wanted to know how long wams ussally take when you order? First big drag is in two weeks don't know if it will get to me in NY in time :/

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 AM
G6ADDICT

Garage
should probably get the tune before anything else with your straight pipes. our cars dont like to be straight piped. we loose to much backpressure, in result loosing low end torque. and as for the wams shipping, it all depends on how you order it. if your going to buy a new ECM outright then i would email them before ordering to see if they have any. if they dont it could take up to 6 months to get ur tune.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullADDICT View Post
our cars dont like to be straight piped. we loose to much backpressure, in result loosing low end torque.
I didnt really notice much power loss if anything i gained some, just some pops when decelerating and sometimes in between shifts when its cold. But correct me if im wrong but once i get the slp resonator it should solve the pops and any loss in compression. I only deleted the resnoator and muffler, and kept everything from the manifold up stock And stayed stock at 2.5 witht the pipes i used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 PM

If you really want to build it for a drag then I wouldnt go with a canned tune. Id do all the mods you wanted to do then pick up HPTuners and custom tune it to your mods

My Progression

Mods: BMD Performance Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 AM

I was thinking of getting hp tuners, but the cost for getting it just for my car, and on top of it not knowing how to tune wasn't worth it. I asked a dyno shop down the street from me and he gave me a decent price, but the best part is he said I could go back whenever I want with more mods and get it re-dyno tuned for only 100 bucks more.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

The only place around anymore wants five hundred just to run dynos for a hour not counting tuning, I think I'm sort of stuck with a premise tune unless I travel or I can convince then to go down.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 02:32 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

You can get a wams tune, but likely would have to be updated to smooth out the mods. He can only get it so close without having the car there.

There's also the Trifecta tune, cobalt guys love this. You do the flash yourself through a special cable in your obd port, then you can data log as you drive, send that to them and they'll will go through it, tweak it, and send a new file to flash with. you can buy or rent the cable.
It seems pretty cool. But according the their site they only support ls motors such as what's in the camaro and G8, and ecotech motors such as cobalts, g5s and Such. I don't see very much V6 support. I don't know if this is because they can't/won't do em or just haven't had requests.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Ecotech

So the trifecta will work with the 2.4 g6 correct?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:17 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

They're website lists the 2006-2009 Pontiac G6 2.4L as a supported vehicle.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 11:44 AM

I guess ill be the scapegoat for the first g6 trifect
a lol
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:05 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

lol. I actually decided to jump on it. Because my tune was really inconsistent and I just couldn't drive out to MI to get it tweaked by WAMS. Maybe if I had a V6 and a crabs intake, oh well.

I've so far flashed it once, sent a few data logs and just flashed an updated tune. It's so far running pretty nicely. I can rev it to 7k in park too, wasn't expecting that. haha
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1369793637.950692.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	4841

So far done -
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Thunder volt 8.2 mm plugs
-Exhaust (removal or resonator and muffler, put in slp loud mouth resonator)

Up next is the WAMS tune and a short shift kit

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Also have ran the car down the strip best time at 14.7 with a horrid response time of .6 seconds will post a pick of the time slip later this was without the wires but I don't expect to much change really counting on the tune and shifter to shave some time off.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

over the weekend had a terrible storm which sent down hail the size of quarters diameters and about 3/4 a inch thick. So after getting a estimate because I don't want to go thru my insurance, Im going to fix the Fix the 4 on the roof, and 2 on the passenger side for 450$ and replace the hood all together due to have 12-16 dents, so Im going to go with the AIT concept carbon fiber hood since the price of the hood and painting will be the same, this way I get the benefits of the lightness, and the functional air vents !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	4849  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjennings View Post

Hey man you coolant is really low..........Not good

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6

Last edited by waterfowler76; 05-29-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in