Pontiac G6 Forum banner

WAMS tune queston

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  futureme 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all I recently acquired a 2008 Pontiac g6. I have the base model with the 3.5L V6. im big into performance and would love to get more out of my car. I did some reading on these forums and I foresee a WAMS tune and maybe a crabs CAI in my cars future. but anyway back to the point. my question is does the WAMS tune include both ECM and TCM tuning. The reason I was asking is because on the website it asks if you want to ship in your "ECM/TCM" but the website also sells a separate TCM "super sport tune".

So im confused. does the $250 tune include both ECM/TCM tuning and the super sport is used as an upgrade to the TCM part of the tune? Can you have them both? If so is the TCM tune worth it?

While im at it. on the website that sells the crabs intake it says the FPU option is sold out. So i was thinking that I could get a cheap CAI with some 3 inch piping off of ebay and then add the crabs heat shield. would there be any fitment issues? is it worth the trouble?

sorry if these questions have been answered before! and for my horrible grammar!

EDIT: or would it be better for me to just get a K&N drop in filter and call it a day? Ive already jerked the ugly air resonator out.

See less See more
#3 ·
haha i was wondering if I was gonna get a reply. So you're saying all I have to do is contact crabs and i can get the FPU upgrade as well? if thats the case now i am conflicted cause half of me was thinking I could fabricate my own tube and for cheaper and use the crabs heat shield. But the other half of me thinks i should just go ahead and buy the whole crabs setup because it is so well reviewed.

#4 ·
I would just get the full Crabs, probably be a much better fit and quality then whatever you could rig together yourself...

#6 ·
Haha boomer it would probably not be thrown away but at me...

but anyway i got my WAMS question answered. i emailed them. The ECM and TCM tune are one and the same but they also sell and additional upgraded TCM as an upgrade to the tune.

As far as the intake goes crabs is looking better and better. The materials i was looking at to build was cost about the same as the FPU and it would probably be a pain to get the mounts in factory location. even though i wouldn't care if i had to relocate them. heat shield would be even more difficult to fab. haha sorry but i like doing the cheap way, if it can be as effective. but it looks like ill be going option 2 and getting an AEM cone filter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.