WAMS tune queston - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

WAMS tune queston

Hello all I recently acquired a 2008 Pontiac g6. I have the base model with the 3.5L V6. im big into performance and would love to get more out of my car. I did some reading on these forums and I foresee a WAMS tune and maybe a crabs CAI in my cars future. but anyway back to the point. my question is does the WAMS tune include both ECM and TCM tuning. The reason I was asking is because on the website it asks if you want to ship in your "ECM/TCM" but the website also sells a separate TCM "super sport tune".

So im confused. does the $250 tune include both ECM/TCM tuning and the super sport is used as an upgrade to the TCM part of the tune? Can you have them both? If so is the TCM tune worth it?

While im at it. on the website that sells the crabs intake it says the FPU option is sold out. So i was thinking that I could get a cheap CAI with some 3 inch piping off of ebay and then add the crabs heat shield. would there be any fitment issues? is it worth the trouble?

sorry if these questions have been answered before! and for my horrible grammar!

EDIT: or would it be better for me to just get a K&N drop in filter and call it a day? Ive already jerked the ugly air resonator out.

Last edited by futureme; 06-11-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Crabs is in stock...you just gotta ask them.

hey Chris....those are separate tunes on the 08's right?? Engine & Tranny??

I know its all one on the 05.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

haha i was wondering if I was gonna get a reply. So you're saying all I have to do is contact crabs and i can get the FPU upgrade as well? if thats the case now i am conflicted cause half of me was thinking I could fabricate my own tube and for cheaper and use the crabs heat shield. But the other half of me thinks i should just go ahead and buy the whole crabs setup because it is so well reviewed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 06:31 PM

I would just get the full Crabs, probably be a much better fit and quality then whatever you could rig together yourself...

My Progression

Mods: BMD Performance Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 09:13 AM

... and be careful how you explain they you have crabs to any significant other A lot of kitchenware could be thrown your way before you adequately explain that it is a car thing...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Haha boomer it would probably not be thrown away but at me...

but anyway i got my WAMS question answered. i emailed them. The ECM and TCM tune are one and the same but they also sell and additional upgraded TCM as an upgrade to the tune.

As far as the intake goes crabs is looking better and better. The materials i was looking at to build was cost about the same as the FPU and it would probably be a pain to get the mounts in factory location. even though i wouldn't care if i had to relocate them. heat shield would be even more difficult to fab. haha sorry but i like doing the cheap way, if it can be as effective. but it looks like ill be going option 2 and getting an AEM cone filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in