07 Pontiac G6 GT VERT 3.9l 4t65-E DIED HELP? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

07 Pontiac G6 GT VERT 3.9l 4t65-E DIED HELP?

SO what I've learned is that I have the RPO codes Transmission m15 for the 245mm torque converter and the 24237264 electrical harness, but what is screwing me is the 3.69 final drive ratio FR3 RPO code. I have a guy with a RPO code of m15 and FR9 wanting to do some swapping but his final drive is 3.29 what would need to be done to make this work? Is it too much trouble? I can swap off a few parts to make this work, but I do not want to crack it open. If its on the outside, some sort flashing to the ECU to make the shift points correct? I'm ok for that, So please anyone with TOP NOTCH electrical, technical understanding please chime in. I can trade an old Cobra for this transmission that I have and save some cash, was quoted $1,500 for a new one plus another $1,200 to install, i can't afford this, as this happened 2 weeks after i had spent my savings buying it. GUy told me it was a motor mount. DIRTY!, so please help me. Desperately need to find a cheap alternative to get his vehicle up and running. Its a beautiful car otherwise, Shiny red, tan leather interior all mint condition, hard top convertible, a/c blows ice cold. Just will only shift using the tap shift. won't be long before it doesn't work at all, and I have not been driving it. When i changed fluid after purchasing it, looked like coffee, people before me abused it and never changed fluid was the cause I would put money on. any help appreicatied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 10:28 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Final drive is in regards to the differential that is INSIDE the transmission. People often change just that component to get better acceleration or a higher top end speed.
There's websites where you can enter your gear ratios from the transmission and the different final drive, and it'll graph out the speed and engine rpm through each gear, that can give you a good idea of what it'll change.

A different final drive can cause the speedometer to read incorrectly, possibly other things. I'm not certain but I think it'll require some sort of tune or flash so the computer knows there's a different part and can adjust things accordingly.
Another option you can try is searching local salvage yards for a wrecked vehicle with the same transmission.
Car-part.com is a useful site for searching salvage yards across the country, but not every yard is included so searching the internet for other nearby yards is still a good idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in