Injen CAI - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Talking Injen CAI

Has anyone one installed this Injen cold air intake yet?http://www.injen.com/7030_mkt.html

I am going to buy it and curious if anyone else has it yet looks simple to install but i never have installed one before. i already looked at where the air goes into the intake behind the front right facia so i belive it is a true cold air.
any thoughts would be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 04:59 PM

hmm think it fits the 3.9? The intakes look the same for both engines...

Mike
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

from the looks i was thinking the same thing i was thinking when i get my gtp in 3 years from now that i could take it of my current and it would fit it then i thought how 3 years is a lon way away..... any how if you take out your front passenger side headlight and look to see if u have the same setup as the other models like in the thread about the AIR BOX TUBE, and if u have the resantor in the same spot, because i belive the gtp model has an intake that when flored another area opens up making two spots for air to come in i am not positive but i read it in the dealer G6 info book i will need to find it and see how far off i am unless some one else can inlighten me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
from the looks i was thinking the same thing i was thinking when i get my gtp in 3 years from now that i could take it of my current and it would fit it then i thought how 3 years is a lon way away..... any how if you take out your front passenger side headlight and look to see if u have the same setup as the other models like in the thread about the AIR BOX TUBE, and if u have the resantor in the same spot, because i belive the gtp model has an intake that when flored another area opens up making two spots for air to come in i am not positive but i read it in the dealer G6 info book i will need to find it and see how far off i am unless some one else can inlighten me?
Well I'm probably going to take apart my GTP tomorrow to try the airbox mod, I'll see what I can find out. As for something opening up when you step on it, those are usually secondary butterflies which open up inside the intake manifold to let air in. My Ford was like that, but I'm not too familiar with these engines yet so I couldn't tell ya.

Mike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Hey i am dummer than a stick in the mud what u said sounds correct, when u take out the 2 screws in the front dont forget there is a pressure sensitive clasp on the back left side of the light that u need to pull really hard strait towards you i spent like 2 hours with my girlfriends help trying to get the darn light out, then i diced when i am putting it back in HEY lets drop one of the screws in the engine bay to spend another 2 hours finding it before i can leave my work. But it happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in