Muffler Time!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Muffler Time!!!

So im good with welding, and dont wanna spend an arm and a leg for a catback.

Iv got myself a 2007 gtp coupe. Looking under the car, i noticed the gigantic resinator. And its got a pretty big muffler also. Im thinking of welding a new muffler, and dont really wanna touch the resinator due to warranty purposes so the resinator is staying...

Does anybodey have any ideas for what muffler to use. Looking for a nice growl, something thats loud and deep but not gunna get me a ticket. I know its gotta be a single inlet and 2 outlet muffler for the duals.

Let the opinions roll in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii Send a message via MSN to markpetersonii
Google; Camaro Flow Master 80 Series.

OR the G6 Specific; GTR made by http://www.classic4performance.com/

2003 Mercedes Benz E500 Sport - 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Not looking for a catback, just opinions on mufflers and guidence, because i can do this all for 100 bucks myself, rather than spend 700+ for a catback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM

i know we have different motors and exhaust set ups but when i put the 80 series on my g6 with the resinator staying on it might as well have made no difference in sound, but after i took off the resinator it made all the difference... that was just my experience, figured i would give you my input before you spent your money...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkyle90 View Post
Not looking for a catback, just opinions on mufflers and guidence, because i can do this all for 100 bucks myself, rather than spend 700+ for a catback.
Borla. I've never had a better sounding car than when I had Borla on my Suzuki Reno, which is an I4, but the tones that muffler put out made shivers go up my spine. The "Boomer" series is what I used, but like I said, it was on a 4-banger
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin_ford08 View Post
i know we have different motors and exhaust set ups but when i put the 80 series on my g6 with the resinator staying on it might as well have made no difference in sound, but after i took off the resinator it made all the difference... that was just my experience, figured i would give you my input before you spent your money...
wow really? wouldnt i run into warranty issues if i removed this?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 PM

yeah, really... and im not sure about the warranty issue. i dont have one on my car anymore bc i bought it used. but in the past when ive dealt with warranties on cars its the part that you mess with that gets "voided". so my thinking would be the warranty on your exhaust system would be voided and that should be it. i dont think they could void the warranty on say your tranny for example bc you did your exhaust, but i could be wrong... but if you go to a good place to get your exhaust done they should give you a warranty on their work. hopefully that makes sense to ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in