Want to mod, i need help! 3.9 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Want to mod, i need help! 3.9

hello all i need some help finding preformance mods for my 06 g6 gtp 3.9l. I can find tons of mods for the 3.5l but just cant seen to find: cai, chip, exhaust, or headers. also does anyone recommend slaming her to the ground? was looking for mabey a 2" drop what would you recommend since i live in montreal and we have more potholes than road? thanks guys/girls from a new member and g6 gtp owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Welcome to the site! I feel your pain, I have an 06 3.9 GTP that I bought brand new in 06 and there is not a lot out there for them. There is a mass produced exhaust system, The GT-R that a lot of people have put on, but I recommend doing what a lot of others have done, order your choice of muffler or mufflers depending on what type of set up you want, exhaust tips and find an exhaust shop and have them bend you a system (find one and talk to them before you order your parts). As far as a chip, there is only one, Jet Performance Module (its a flash program for your ecm), I have the stage 2 and out of all my mods I noticed the biggest improvement from it, but you could have WAMS or Vector tune your ecm or buy a new one outright. As for your CAI you can get CRABS, a K&N Typhoon, Injen, or do like I did go to Auto Zone and buy a cone filter and some of their plastic tubing and make your own. Headers I dont know of any. You can check out pics of all these mods and more that I have done in the photo gallery. Hope this helps you out! Happy Motoring!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

thanks cal ill post some pics of what i am doing and also will post time slips of the times with and without mods, my first fast car, so excited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 PM

not to sound negative or counterproductive but....the GT-R isn't mass produced. they are actually each made individually. and it is the best exhaust hands down you can get for your car. especially if you are looking for more than just sound. if you want to keep your torque. a GTR is the best way to go. and dont be overly excited. its fast..stock. but it doesnt get much faster. and the fastest G6 ever only made a 13.86 in the 1/4 mile and that was on spray the fasted NA G6 was a 14.19
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Fast is relative....lol

I have the GT-R and love it. Prior to that I made my own exhaust. Used a flowmaster
and replaced the resonator with a flow through. Still wasnt happy.

The GT-R is expensive but the quality is there.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

any links for me besides crabintakes? and this car is fast, for me anyways commin from 97 2.2l sunfire cai and exhaust lol, i think the gtp goes faster in 4th crusin than the sunfire in 5th pedal to the medal, guess thats what you get with 6 speed tranny and DOUBLE the motor size
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Like I said...its relative.

Stay away from Crabs cause they itch!!!

Google Classic Performance GT-R and it should pop up.

What other websites are you looking for?

I dont have headers so cant help ya there.

My main mods are in my sig & I have em listed on a post
in the post ur ride section.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in