09 GXP Performance upgrade options? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
09 GXP

09 GXP Performance upgrade options?

I have an 09 GXP and other than intake, exhaust, and Tune, im not really seeing any other options?

Any suggestions? anyone here have a 3.6 L that's upgraded more than just above? I know theres no supercharger or turbo for the G6 but is there anything esle i can do to give me some more power? thanks i appreciate it.

2009 G6 GXP...
Mods: CRABs CAB, Llumar film- 30% tint front windows, 20% tint around the back, Jensen Vm9214 7 inch touch screen, 2-12 inch Kenwood KFC subs with a MTX jackhammer JH600 amp, Tinted tails Yellow Painted Calipers
Coming Soon: GT-R exhaust, HID Lights, Interior LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 02:14 PM

Other than what you already said Headers. I know a couple people that have been working on the Upper and lower intake manifold. But with no success so far. Its atleast something to look into. If your already getting all the other stuff.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM

on the other site they are haveing headers fabbed up but seems to be takeing longer than expected to get the rest of the sets out..........port and polish upper and lower intake manifold P&P the heads. its debatable but ive heard the HSRK (heat soak reduction kit) works pretty well........ what you named off are probably the easiest and least expensive to accomlish, these mods above if you do them dont expect to have your warranty honored anymore as once you start doing engine work dealers will no longer be an option if something powertrain related brakes..................

one mod i would HIGHLY suggest as i have just installed them a few days ago and they're awesome is Race series motor mount inserts (those wont void the warranty) and they really stiffen up the powertrain and dont allow it to move much which is actually better as without them you could harm the powertrain during aggressive driving.....

as far as handling there are strut tower bars, coilovers, brembo brakes from the cobalt ss, and of course you could get better tires if you still have the stock ls-2s on.......

plenty of stuff that you can do but if you plan on geting rid of the car in a year or two id hold off on much more then intake tune exhaust and MMI's........ pretty much just do mods that are easily removed if you know what i mean......

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Dark Gray Metalic
Bought Feb 28 2009 with 24k miles now has 130k miles RIP Baby death snowplow 1-30-11
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4757

Carbon Black Metalic 2009 G6 GXP Coupe
Bought Oct 8 2010 with 35 miles

Mods so far: every single performance mod and a whole lot more, fastest NA G6
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7974

1/4 mile: [email protected] 109.23

Performance Red Metalic 2009 G6 GXP coupe
bought june 29 2012 with 3400 miles

Mods: RACE CAR- full race fuel setup and in the process of converting to RWD with a 6spd manual trans
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13140
1/4 mile: [email protected] 101.95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
09 GXP

yeah ive been hearing about the headers but just wanted to check up on them ya know? but thanks for the insight ill definetley look into those options as i will have this car for at least another 6 years

2009 G6 GXP...
Mods: CRABs CAB, Llumar film- 30% tint front windows, 20% tint around the back, Jensen Vm9214 7 inch touch screen, 2-12 inch Kenwood KFC subs with a MTX jackhammer JH600 amp, Tinted tails Yellow Painted Calipers
Coming Soon: GT-R exhaust, HID Lights, Interior LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in