In Need Of Master Mechanic - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Midnight Blue GT

In Need Of Master Mechanic

I have Turbo/ Twin Turbo questions. I know im young but im trying to make some way in this Turbo dilemma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:50 AM
WHITE G6 GT (:

Goodluck!

Dillon
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EqualPotential View Post
I have Turbo/ Twin Turbo questions. I know im young but im trying to make some way in this Turbo dilemma.
There's no replacement for displacement. Buy the smallest car with the biggest engine. like a 74 Chevy Vega stipped down to 1800 pounds with a 500 ci blown rat with 900 HP.
That should satisfy your need for speed. And it would be cheaper and easier than turbo charging a G6 and would run a 7 second 1/4 mile.

You would no doubt shit your pants and pray to God you don't die the second you step on the gas

Dilemma solved....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Midnight Blue GT

Im willing to put the money into the car I just want to know the reasons why it seems to be such a problem
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EqualPotential View Post
Im willing to put the money into the car I just want to know the reasons why it seems to be such a problem
Its just cause it seems very overwhelming. If you plan on stripping all the luxuries of the car, you can do it easier. But nobody wants to do that, except me. I plan on making mine a full on tuner. And I will supercharge(top mount, no procharging) it if it kills me. Guess that makes me crazy, but I want a bad ass g6, no luxuries, no bs. Go ahead and make fun of me, but i'm still doing it.

2006 G6 GTP: 4speed auto, intake resonater delete, mild weight reduction, some custom work, lol.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech_5 View Post
There's no replacement for displacement. Buy the smallest car with the biggest engine. like a 74 Chevy Vega stipped down to 1800 pounds with a 500 ci blown rat with 900 HP.
That should satisfy your need for speed. And it would be cheaper and easier than turbo charging a G6 and would run a 7 second 1/4 mile.

You would no doubt shit your pants and pray to God you don't die the second you step on the gas

Dilemma solved....
This is true, but it would cost more. Adding up the cost of trans, diff, suspension, chassis upgrades, all other drivetrain upgrades, and all the other things that would keep it stable and a little reliable, would add up to over 10k. Plus the engine isnt cheap. probably 7k+. Idk if turbocharging a g6 is a 15k project. It may run high 13s, mid 13s at that. And if its that much, for 1 sec off a quarter mile, I'd have to say go with the vega. GM power.

2006 G6 GTP: 4speed auto, intake resonater delete, mild weight reduction, some custom work, lol.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
think we need a turbo section. All we hear about is people wanting or in the process of adding a turbo on the G6 but haven't heard of anyone who has. Just 2 people. One with the turbo under the trunk "which prob didn't do any good but make the service lights come on and burn out the tranny" and one installed right but haven't seen or heard it run.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Midnight Blue GT

Im sure it has been done..but honestly not every tuner who owns a G6 is a part of this forum. So we agreed its possible its just going to take more money to do it. But im sure there are more people out there like myself and BensG6GTP, who are willing to put the money into there car to make it a tuner. And making a Turbo/Supercharger set up is just the first step
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 04:30 PM
WHITE G6 GT (:

Please record, take pictures, and a how to if it works. You could be making a lot of MULA (MONEY) off this. But, goodluck again and please keep us updated. I wouldn't even sit here and argue with anyone. I'm sure it can be done. It is just really hard, time consuming, possibly a waste of money, etc.

Dillon
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Nothing is impossible or unreasonable when you're 19

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Midnight Blue GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptop Diamond View Post
Nothing is impossible or unreasonable when you're 19
Lol at 19 your just more willing to accept the challenge. The way I see it is that anyone....most/some people can go out and buy a faster car. But a person who loves there car will do what ever it takes to make that car look good or better despite what anyone says. Im sure there was a time when people said that about the Nissan Sentra (My old car ) till one person did a VQ a realized it was a way to increase the hp of the car tremendously.

But Dillon I wouldn't call it a waste of money. Some people are into performance while others are just into making there car look good. And at the same time "ordinary" ppl could look at the mods on your car and call it a waste of money. Different people have different preferences
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Varsity Squad

Garage
That is great and all that you want to put a turbo on your G6, Hell I would love to put 2 on my GTP, but the thing is there just is not very much support out there for these cars. The few people who have succesfully moded and bolted 1 on have had problems with tunning the cars to make them run right, the internals of the motor and trans are not strong enough to support the boost, and if you dont want a beefed up Vega, go out and get yourself a Cobalt SS that comes from the factory doing low 13's and there are all kinds of support out there to make them even faster. At 19 you will live and learn, I still am at 30.

Last edited by CalsGTP; 06-19-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in