G6 GT intake - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

G6 GT intake

Well, the day has come. I bought my G6 GT 2 months ago and I just sold my 97 GA SE. Only had 72K on it and it was my first car. Now that I have some extra money i would like to get a CAI. Just wondering if anyone could recomend one, price really isnt an issue. And im not sure if anyone knows of a throtle body for the G6 GT. Any information would be helpfull. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEagles
Well, the day has come. I bought my G6 GT 2 months ago and I just sold my 97 GA SE. Only had 72K on it and it was my first car. Now that I have some extra money i would like to get a CAI. Just wondering if anyone could recomend one, price really isnt an issue. And im not sure if anyone knows of a throtle body for the G6 GT. Any information would be helpfull. Thanks.
Welcome to the board, intakes for the 3500 have been discussed many times. If you search you will find all the info you need.

Currently Injen and RSM are the only 2 that makes intakes. The RSM one is about 280, and the Injen is around 250 or so.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEagles
+1 to above. Note that the Injen is the only CAI. The RSM isn't a CAI, but both feature nice smooth piping.

But I'd save my money on a TB. The stock TBs are good for alot more HP than stock, so I wouldn't waste my money on that (not that there is one as of now that I know of). Though I'd bet the 3.9 TB fits on the 3.5, but haven't compared. I believe the 3.9 is slightly larger.

Last edited by miscreant; 12-05-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 12:53 PM

For everything that you want to know: Click Here
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 02:00 PM

A bigger throttle body wouldn't do you much good unless you get a manifold with bigger intake runners no? You might feel a little more power on the butt dyno.

Mike
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPGuy82
A bigger throttle body wouldn't do you much good unless you get a manifold with bigger intake runners no? You might feel a little more power on the butt dyno.

Mike
Well no you would just need a larger opening in the Plenum to match the larger TB.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrider
Well no you would just need a larger opening in the Plenum to match the larger TB.
If the intake manifold does not flow well, bigger opening or not, the TB isn't going to flow any more. Flow is only as great as the lowest flowing area. A perfect example of this is the 90's 5.0 from ford. The intake was so restrictive that the engine simply could not make much more power than stock, and putting a freaking 100mm TB (if they had made one ) on there would do absolutely nothing.

You'll know when you need a TB. You're engine will tell you, trust me. When you start piling on mods that makes the engine use more air (heads, cams, etc), THAN you can start thinking about a TB.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant
If the intake manifold does not flow well, bigger opening or not, the TB isn't going to flow any more. Flow is only as great as the lowest flowing area. A perfect example of this is the 90's 5.0 from ford. The intake was so restrictive that the engine simply could not make much more power than stock, and putting a freaking 100mm TB (if they had made one ) on there would do absolutely nothing.

You'll know when you need a TB. You're engine will tell you, trust me. When you start piling on mods that makes the engine use more air (heads, cams, etc), THAN you can start thinking about a TB.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant
When you start piling on mods that makes the engine use more air (heads, cams, etc), THAN you can start thinking about a TB.
you DO mean 'THEN', not 'THAN', right?

signed,

The Proper Grammar Police
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in