superchargers - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

superchargers

Is there any superchargers out there for a 07 g6 gtp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:47 AM

Nope they don't have one out for the G6s, i've seen someone do a custom turbo job but it costs $$$$

2008 Pontiac Sedan - 3.5 V6

Mods so far:
Sylvania Silverstars, Custom Air Intake with Heat shield , 17' Salsa Rims from FastWheels.ca, Lower Grille Chrome Accents, Windows Visors, Hood Deflector, Debadged, Silver Overlays, Eyelids, Recessed Upper Grille, Tinted Tails, GM Strut Bar

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

Updated: 02/22/2011

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii Send a message via MSN to markpetersonii
LMAO! Supercharger... no, but ^^ is right, there is a successful turbo set up but it was on a 4 cyl.

2003 Mercedes Benz E500 Sport - 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Storm Trooper

Here buddy... If you get 3 of them you canget 9psi...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3PSI-...item43a1c67c6f

Facepalm
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 AM

haha something like that will add like 200hp i bet

2008 Pontiac Sedan - 3.5 V6

Mods so far:
Sylvania Silverstars, Custom Air Intake with Heat shield , 17' Salsa Rims from FastWheels.ca, Lower Grille Chrome Accents, Windows Visors, Hood Deflector, Debadged, Silver Overlays, Eyelids, Recessed Upper Grille, Tinted Tails, GM Strut Bar

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

Updated: 02/22/2011

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 05:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ironman715
Its not specific for the G6 BUT this kit for the 3.6 exists.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...harger-package

I am sure with some modification you could that to work for the transversely mounted engine in the G6.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 11:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii Send a message via MSN to markpetersonii
^^ You can try all you want but if you look at it carefully, the G6 engine is turned sideways so... No it won't fit.

2003 Mercedes Benz E500 Sport - 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 06:13 AM

As I said I know its not specific to the G6 but I think with some patience and inventiveness you could adapt that kit to work with the transversely(side says as you said) mounted engines we have.

I would imagine that moving the battery to the trunk would be the first place to start. But I am confident it could be retrofitted to work with our cars. For those who have a hard corps quest for speed they will do what is needed to get that speed.

I live about 2 minutes away from the countries leading authority on Buick GNX,T-Ttype and turbo 3.8 V6s and I plan on approaching him to see what would be involved with setting up a turbo on my 07 GTP. Honestly I think the price will make it not fiscaly sound but I am curious at any rate. Plus the guys up at Cottons performance in Agawam MA are pretty hip and there are a TON of seriously fast cars in their lot at all times.

At the end of the day the easiest and most cost effective way to speed is still cubes. I think if you wanted the power numbers that a supercharger/turbo would yeild you would be better off stepping up to a G8 GT where you would be starting with the power numbers a turbo or S/C would give you in the V6.

I would be willing to be that the S/C kit would run you at least five grand. Then add in a grand or so to retro fit for our uses and then add in for professional install. All said an done I would think the price tag "out the door" would be close to tend grand.

'Mike
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 12:56 PM

Actually, I think it would fit with some modification. You just have to take the time, and find a way around all the bs. A top mount twin screw supercharger might could work with a custom made intake manifold. But, that centrifugal supercharger( procharger whatever) would definately work, especially since it's in the tight spaced camaro. Which probably has more junk in the way.

2006 G6 GTP: 4speed auto, intake resonater delete, mild weight reduction, some custom work, lol.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 03:50 PM

Now there is my kind of speed eater! Get that man a prize.

'Mike
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman715 View Post
Now there is my kind of speed eater! Get that man a prize.

'Mike
Thanks, I hate when people say something can't be done. Especially when it comes to G6s. I see the G6 as a tuner car, alot can be done to it. It's just when you make custom things, stuff breaks, and people say it can't be done. You have to start over, and try again. Learn from your mistakes and make the product better. The reason why Honda has so many parts, is because they have been pissed off at V8s since the muscle car era. And since then, thousands off people have been modding, tuning, and custom making anything and everything for their Honda. And when it produces horsepower, and is reliable, that's when the companies get envolved and sell it to the population. And that is when you start seeing the turbo kits, superchargers, and stroker kits all over the internet, and in the car magazines. I'm just saying, the reason there is no parts, is because nobody wants to create them, or try them out. If you keep at it, the product will eventually work. And when people figure out it works, they sell it. And when that gets to a certain point, the big tuner companies come in to sell your product in mass quantities. And that is when you can go on to the internet, and find all the parts you want. If you are building a supercharger or turbo kit for your G6, don't give up. Because when enough people have it, the companies want everyone else to have it to. And the G6 being tooken out off production is not an excuse for no parts. I can name a few cars that have parts still being tested and have many other parts as well. Saturn Ion, Chevy cavalier, Lexus GS 300-SC 400, Nissan 240sx-Sylvia-300zx-280zx, Pontiac Transam-GTO-Solstice, just to name a few.

2006 G6 GTP: 4speed auto, intake resonater delete, mild weight reduction, some custom work, lol.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

I dont think ive seen it said that it couldnt be done. Actually I have pix showing it was done....
Its just not cost effective for what you get out of these engines.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:48 PM

I agree. The cost per HP would be obnoxious. At $7K out the door with install, and this is low balling big time, and lets say you gain 100HP, which is saying ALOT, that works out to be $70 per HP. Thats rather pricey I think. When all is said and done you would have about 350ish HP? Now this is nothing to scoff at but you could easily and more cheaply get those power numbers out of any number of vehicles with little or no modding. G8GT comes to mind as well as the GTO.

But its a novel idea non the less.

'Mike
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Lifetime Member

If anyone does supercharge a G6 I will not believe it till I see it in a run. (real proof and not an install)

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in