Which dyno run should I do? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Which dyno run should I do?

I put the Injen intake back on and have had some exhaust work done, and now I want to get the car dynoed. Theres a local speed shop 10 minutes away that has a load bearing dyno. They have a few options for their runs. I've never had a car dynoed, which one do I get?

http://visionsofspeed.net/dyno/

They have full tuning, 3 power pulls and 1/4 mile, or four 1/4 mile runs. Can they really tune the G6 that much or would that option be a waste of money? Thanks...........

Last edited by Explr1; 12-17-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 01:11 PM

I am pretty sure that nobody is equiped to tune a G6 as of right now. It is not quite the same programming as a GA, GP, or anything right now. I do know that DHP will be working on finding a way to reprogram the computer soon.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smockonallama
I am pretty sure that nobody is equiped to tune a G6 as of right now. It is not quite the same programming as a GA, GP, or anything right now. I do know that DHP will be working on finding a way to reprogram the computer soon.
Thats what I thought. I always see Civics there. I'm probably going to have the 3 powers pulls done with the 1/4 mile time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 06:25 AM

Waste of cash man. Even if they could tune you.. I doubt you would see any gains. Unless they could remove TM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 02:55 PM

hey, if we could find a way to get the moter to run cooler that would help out dont you think, I meen my moter runs at 200F my 2000 GA didint run at that timp.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 06:34 AM

Actually no... the temp needs to be in that range to run closed loop and properly combust. Lowering temps on newer engines is counterproductive most of the time.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER99
Actually no... the temp needs to be in that range to run closed loop and properly combust. Lowering temps on newer engines is counterproductive most of the time.
umm you always want a cooler motor to prevent detonation. Grated newer engine need to be warmed up to run closed loop itís not in the 200 range, with a 180 degree T-stat the engine ran around 190 in my Grand Am. I canít remember the exact coolant temperature it needed to be to execute closed loop..
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:34 PM

That would be true if this was a high performance engine running 93 octane and spark advances high enough to cause detonation. Unless you are modded and messing with the PCM I don't forsee a lower thermostat doing anything but screwing up when your fans kick on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in