turbo headers - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

turbo headers

so i drive a 95 Camaro 3.4L and im going to be building another 3.4L engine since dropping in a LS1 would cost me around 10K and take about a year im going to take the top end off of a 3500 G6 (heads lower and upper intake) im also going to put in all new forged internals so i can run a turbo and nitrous... so at first i was going to make headers for the car but then i got to thinking i could prob just use a G6 turbo header on one side and make a much easier header for the other side my question is where can i get a turbo header for this car ive searched the internet to come up empty handed

just in case you want to know more about my build
http://camaroforums.com/forum/showth...upper+end+swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

just a little info if you all were wondering why im doing this to a 3.4L...

so the 3.4L can be disputed as the absolute worst engine ever built by GM which in its stock form i believe to be true the exhaust ports on the heads are all around too small and dont allow all of the exhaust gas to leave the combustion chamber thus leaving it there and causing the nice fresh fuel to be contaminated the 3.5L heads completely fix this problem weather there off of the G6 or the chevy amlibu

also the runners on the 3.4L are all of 2" long which in no way creates enough of a vacuum to pull a sufficient amount of air and fuel into the cylinder where as the runner off the 3.5L are more like 8" long creating way more than enough vacuum

all of this turns the 3.4L V6 engine from the worst engine ever built into a very nice race worthy engine capable of running 16LBS of boost and up to 150 wet shot of nitrous capable of around 250-300 RWHP which is a huge jump from the 160 RWHP that came from the factory and more likely the 130 RWHP my car is creating now
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 PM

If I were to do all that work I would get a 3.8 out of a 97 or something. They make performance heads, cams, headers, everything for that motor. It would probably be worth it in the end to do that. Also, you think an LS1 swap is harder than a half 3.4 half 3.5 turbo motor build up? It will probably be even if not way harder due to all of the custom work involved. It would be a lot of work and money for the LS1 but at least you can buy the harness, motor, fuel system, etc and have it all fit fine. Not to mention those engine bays are such a pain to work in!

Not putting down your idea, that would be a very cool build. Just wouldn't want you to get halfway in and realize you should have gone a different route. If thats what you want to do I look forward to watching the build and good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in