Need advice please. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Need advice please.

Couple things.....
First a tuner shop by my house says they have the software for my car. I drive an 08 2.4L just wondering what to ask him to make sure its correct, cause I've always heard only wams had the tune.

Second. I Got an intake and now wana get the tune. Anything I have to do before that to get the most out of it. What can I do for a 2.4 cams? Headers? Throttle body? I Mean anything at all, new spark plugs, belts, pulleys gotta be something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 12:27 PM

IMO it all comes down to your pocketbook. I've seen videos of 2.4's with turbos - now granted that will set you back a pretty penny and it needs some modification beyond slapping it on. As the vehicle becomes older more and more parts are becoming available. Plugs, headers, intake, exhaust, tune and motor mounts are prob the easiest. I have not seen anything for camshafts, pulleys or belts but again, with the right pocketbook you can get whatever you want haha! Good luck, keep us updated!

David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Last edited by StLouisDave; 02-17-2011 at 12:32 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Unless you can get the tune for sub-100 bucks, then go with WAMS. I spent $300 on a tune at my local shop and it was a joke. I was pretty much scammed. Note I have the 3.5L, but that's irrelevant for the G6's.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Yea thats what im afraid of. If i get the tune it will be a waste of money going to a shop.. I look into WAMS just i dont kno much about cars and what not so its hard for me to spend you know 500 on something i know nothing about. Also i cant find anything about headers or really anything to make my car a little faster besides tune exhaust and intake. Do you have any suggestions?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 07:35 PM

my suggestion is going with the guy i told you for the tune. A street tune is way better then a box tune.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

lol i would but i cant get a hold of him.. And now i dont have the number anymore
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
I know you want to make the best out of your G6, but going anymore than those three options is a waste of money for the 2.4l. With all that money, you could just trade in for a V6.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 AM

lol ill pm u the number again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in