Jet Performance Module for 3.5l (discussion) - Pontiac G6 Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Addicted!

Jet Performance Module for 3.5l (discussion)

Im sellin the module cuz i traded my gt in for gxp so the chip is useless with the 3.6 so im selling chip for 150, 300 new. Its basically a tune you plug into your ecm, and it deffinetly works i felt instant throttle response, and saw increased gas mileage on the computer about 2 mpg, which adds up especially for only 150.

08 GXP COUPE, Dual Bluetooth/IPOD Stereo, Black Spyder Halo Headlights w/ 10K HID's, Muffler Removal w/ Straight Y Pipe, CRABS Intake Option 3 With FPU, Black Badge Overlays, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline MMI's, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Custom Ram Air Through Lower Grille,

Last edited by geewhiz; 04-27-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Addicted!

I am thinking of maybe getting a 3.5l and making a video to see before and after idk where any strips or anything around me to get actual times though.. or a dyno.. cuz im sick of people saying it doesnt work when it deff does i have one.. other people have them..

08 GXP COUPE, Dual Bluetooth/IPOD Stereo, Black Spyder Halo Headlights w/ 10K HID's, Muffler Removal w/ Straight Y Pipe, CRABS Intake Option 3 With FPU, Black Badge Overlays, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline MMI's, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Custom Ram Air Through Lower Grille,
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Addicted!

For the price someone else that has access to a dyno or strip could attempt themselves..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1209 View Post
I am thinking of maybe getting a 3.5l and making a video to see before and after idk where any strips or anything around me to get actual times though.. or a dyno.. cuz im sick of people saying it doesnt work when it deff does i have one.. other people have them..
I have one for my GTP, and they do work! If you count the stock # as a baseline I dynoed with a 24hp gain from my intake, exhaust, and JET stage 2 module. I gurantee my cutom intake and exhaust is not responsible for all that! I noticed a huge improvement on throttle response, mpg increase, and I noticed the most improvement in performance when I installed it after the intake and exhaust! Dont be afraid to spend the $150 you wont be disapointed!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
-Banned-

I'm currently running a tune performed with dyno runs, so I really have no interest.

I can go 3 times on the Dyno for $50 every other weekend, but I just don't have the motivation to buy the module, just to prove whether it works or not.

After researching these, they receive very mixed reviews.. I guess it's a gamble. I think you'd get more on Craigslist or Ebay, although technically this would be your target market of consumers - I don't see a demand, you know?
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Addicted!

Thankyou cal about time someone agrees haha

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Breaks Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsGTP View Post
I have one for my GTP, and they do work! If you count the stock # as a baseline I dynoed with a 24hp gain from my intake, exhaust, and JET stage 2 module. I gurantee my cutom intake and exhaust is not responsible for all that! I noticed a huge improvement on throttle response, mpg increase, and I noticed the most improvement in performance when I installed it after the intake and exhaust! Dont be afraid to spend the $150 you wont be disapointed!
And you've already proven you were lying to everyone here about that dyno (per the dyno operator!) so please stop trying to make yourself feel better about buying into that BS.

Chris White
2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
2009 Cyber Gray 3LZ Z06- '10 Launch Control
2012 CTS-V Intake/Exhaust - Custom BCM
2012 Acadia Denali AWD - Custom BCM
2012 Jeep SRT-8 STOCK
2013 SRX Premium - CUE - Custom IPC/BCM
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
And you've already proven you were lying to everyone here about that dyno (per the dyno operator!) so please stop trying to make yourself feel better about buying into that BS.
But you are wrong because I wasn't lying about the dyno. I did take off the JET module, but did not disconnect the battery so the flash from the JET was still current in the ECM, and that is why I the run without the JET module connected was basicly the same, 1 more HP if you want to be exact about it. So i never really did a run without the JET parameters set in the ECM. I would think someone of your knowledge would understand. But you want to just bash other peoples products to sell more of yours. You have never tried a JET module, so you do not know, but there are at least a dozen of others on this forum who have a JET module and have noticed the same types of improvements. I am done at that, I am not getting into another pissing match with you about something you were not there and do not know or understand all matters concerned.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 PM

I am going to buy this JET module. I will do some tests of my own. I'll do like 5. 0-60 runs without, reset the fuel eco. meter and drive the same stretch of road the same way.. ill see how much i can test this.... becuase i want it. its WAYYY cheaper than WAMS so its worth a try..

Exterior-AVS window and sunroof wind reducer, Dual Exhaust, Tinted tails, 35% Tint all around, DDM tuning 8k Highs & Lows.
Interior- Red LED's
Performance- CRAB's Option 3, Exhaust
Coming up: MMI's, Painted Calipers, Painted Side Mirrors
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Breaks Stuff

Uhhh the dyno operator posted in that thread about how you lost power and for the last time that jet scam crap doesn't flash anything it's a slightly more advanced version of those chips on eBay lol I'm not bashing anything it's the truth lol I've seen plenty of these scam jet module and I've disassembled them/logged them on the bench so from where I'm standing I've got a hell of a lot more experience with that snake oil than you do.

Chris White
2012 Jeep SRT-8 STOCK
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Breaks Stuff

Of course its cheaper, it doesnt do anything LO Hell jet got caught sticking jet stickers on stock ecms not too long ago! The only thing it does is skew the MAF and IAT inputs that's it just like the junk on eBay. It doesnt FLASH anything, if it did you wouldn't have to leave it on.

Chris White
2012 Jeep SRT-8 STOCK
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Breaks Stuff

Oh but its just ME bashing them right? No basis in reality right? LOL

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=107531
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...-JET-Chip-scam
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...mance-ECU-scam.....
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...modules-31471/
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...0&postcount=24
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12620
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/gener...p-2-2-a-67761/

Chris White
2012 Jeep SRT-8 STOCK
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
Of course its cheaper, it doesnt do anything LO Hell jet got caught sticking jet stickers on stock ecms not too long ago! The only thing it does is skew the MAF and IAT inputs that's it just like the junk on eBay. It doesnt FLASH anything, if it did you wouldn't have to leave it on.
Because I dont want to be "That Guy" that argues over the internet, i'll just point out that you made a contradictory statement. In one sentence you say that "it doesnt do anything LO" but then a following sentence you say "The only thing it does is skew the MAF and IAT input" so does it do nothing? or does it do something?

Exterior-AVS window and sunroof wind reducer, Dual Exhaust, Tinted tails, 35% Tint all around, DDM tuning 8k Highs & Lows.
Interior- Red LED's
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Breaks Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSIX33 View Post
Because I dont want to be "That Guy" that argues over the internet, i'll just point out that you made a contradictory statement. In one sentence you say that "it doesnt do anything LO" but then a following sentence you say "The only thing it does is skew the MAF and IAT input" so does it do nothing? or does it do something?
Thats the same EXACT thing all the Ebay scam chips do, if you want that go pay $15 for that and then read alllll the threads out there on Jet Chip scams with dynos where they lose power or "pick up" 1-3 HP IE dyno variation from run to run. The only thing it "does" is provide false inputs to the ECM/PCM which can in turn cause quite a few problems, incorrect line pressure on the trans being the biggest.

Chris White
2012 Jeep SRT-8 STOCK
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:32 PM

I just wanted to know if it did anything or not... not whether it works or not. once again...

Interior- Red LED's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in