Intake and exhaust questions on the 3.6 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Post Intake and exhaust questions on the 3.6

So ive been searching, and searching and was just wondering some things about the intake and exhaust mods for the 3.6

RAM Air Hood or Crabs?
The ram air hoods ive seen from MPD dont look like legit ram air, or i dont know what legit ram air looks like. The hoods are expensive but do they do a better job than a crabs intake would? a what 600$ better job or so. also noise? whats the noise like from the two, change much? I took the resonator off the air box n it made a world of difference to me.

Next Headers
So is MMS the company that makes headers for the 3.6. Do they even sell them or were they for that group buy thing? I wanted to get headers but if its gonna take me months to get them the heck with it.

Exhaust
Is the GT-R exhaust worth it or should i just have that bulb thing(assume its a resonator?) and the muffler off and replace the Muffler. Considering its a lot cheaper but i want a tuner sounding car, not a granny sounding one so just some opinions would be nice.

Also any other mods you want to throw out there for power or sound im all ears on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
CRABs gives more bang for the buck, but the MPD hood is stylish and gives negotiable gains. It is a true ram air hood. Note though, the MPD is only function if you have CRABs though. Most of the performance is going to be from the drop-in filter (Make sure you have a K&N or AEM filter, none of that spectre crap).

The biggest bang for your buck will be a WAMS tune performance wise.

GT-R is going to give the G6 a muscle tone instead of a ricer sound. It's quality is top notch and has a few custom modifications to fit your need or sound if you ask the company.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

what kind of jumps will you get from a wams tune like whp stock - tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty92 View Post
what kind of jumps will you get from a wams tune like whp stock - tuned
About a 10% increase. There are not any dyno numbers, but many people can attest to the tune. The only downside is that you have to fill up with a higher octane gas.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Powertrain Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in